Other Half

-054-

"What you are saying is that this man was your friend and that he is also your mentor ?" Ask Duke Elwyn calmly to Knox who was seating comfortably across him.

"Yes, he taught me a few times but we need to parts way unfortunately, he was also the person who give me my dog" Knox answer calmly.

The Duke sigh and shake his head.

"And you want him to continue teaching you is that right?" Confirm  the Duke.

"Yes" answer Knox back that makes the Duke sigh once again.

"And in which field does he teach you again?" Ask the Duke.

"He teach me various things but most of it was about his businesses and how he handle it. I believe he will be a good mentor in  management and organization or even more" Answer Knox.

"And because i am already handling half of the Duchy internal affairs , improving my skills and understanding about such topic will greatly benefit the Dukedom" Continue Knox.

"We have Nicholas to teach you that" Defense the Duke.

"Nicholas have also work to do your grace" Knox answered that makes the Duke sigh again.

Why can't i win a single argument with this boy?

"Knox, we can't just hire any personnel without screening them carefully, even if that person is a close friend of yours" Said the Duke while looking at Rosh who was standing behind the boy.

Although he was pretty good looking i must admit, but appearance have nothing to do with this.

Admit the Duke as he watch the man behind Knox standing firmly. He has this well built body but slightly less muscular for those of a knight, a taller physiche of those normal man, a skin tone of those high ranking nobles who was drowned in various different bath to maintain such smooth skin,  silky long black hair although quite messy at that time , thick eyebrows, sharp jawline, perfect bridge of nose, a luscious lips and that hypnotizing crimson eyes. Allowing him to look like a Greek god who just descent from the heavens above. Although he was quite dirty for now and had that beard that makes him look older.

"If you are doubting my capabilities as a mentor  allow me to show you what i can do, if you are unsatisfied by the results I will walk away with my own foot and won't bother the young lord again" Said Rosh that caught the two attention.

There was a starring Contest between the Duke and Rosh for a while, trying to figure out what was the other person is thinking.

Soon enough, the Duke straighten his back and fix his clothes.

"Forecasting your abilities won't justify that you are a trust worthy person" Answer the Duke in a serious tone.

"The fact that you are an unregistered citizen too make you even more suspicious, your identity is also unknown, no name, no birth place, or even a relative" Confront the Duke, looking directly at Rosh eyes.

"I was born as a traveling refugee so my identity is hard to be known, even me doesn't know which kingdom i belong" Explained Rosh.

"My biological parents is not with me anymore when i started to learn what was the world is, Finding them is also  difficult because of the wars that keeps happening. In case of a name, I was born with none but was soon called after the beast of fire because of my eyes" Rosh continue but it wasn't enough to makes the Duke believe him.

"If my identity concerned you that much i wont mind to register as an official citizen if that's what makes you happy" Suggested Rosh with a firm determination to make the Duke agree.