Uprising 1

-064-

It's been a week since Knox came back after selling all the goods from their hunting trip. All the money he got, including the money he earn from selling the first product of the mine was use for the sake of improving the Belvon.

Half of it go to the daily needs of the people like clothing, food, and water. The other was use in restoring the infrastructure such as the houses and the wall.

Knox also put down a few pennies into improving the mine. All seems to be going well for the new lord of Belvon. The once wary people are being more open to thier new lord and many of them are seeing Knox into a new light after all the effort he put to gain their trust.

It seems that slowly people are starting to support Knox's rule. Although some are still hesitant. Some people are also starting to help the knights who was in charge of building the new buildings so the work load for the knights lessened and the time that was consumed for the construction reduced.

They even start planning to build a large building at the center of Belvon that will be dedicated to the new lord of the town. Knox wasn't opposed to it as he too was starting to feel guilty using the house of the town chief as his office.

Rosh on the other hand become Knox's assistant when managing the state. He examine paperwork with Knox and sometimes recommend possible solutions to the current problem they are facing.

Harlan on the other side have been engrossed to his workshop refining and making new jewelry with the blue diamond as Knox's order. Although they are still not selling any of the products they made.

When he ask the young lord about it Knox simply said it was still not the time. He said that the noble are simply not ready yet and the stage is not yet to be set.

He never ask again after that although he was curious about it. He also  form quite the comradiry with Rosh who was the one who deliver papers to him.

He found the man quite an amazing tactician and a merchant, something that they have in common.

"My lord a letter address to you have arrived" Present the town chief as he offer Knox a silver tray with one envelope on it.

Knox who was writing something stop and look at the letter. A small grin then appear on his lips when he saw a familiar insignia.

It was the same as of the design of the jewelry shop he visited.

So they finally decided to reach out huh?

He thought as he opened the envelope using the letter knife. He then took the letter inside and start reading the content.

After running his eyes on what was written he folded it again and put it back inside the envelope.  He then set it aside and rang the bell near him to call the town chief again.

His been acting as Knox butler ever since he  set foot on Belvon, probably by the order of the Duke.

"Yes my lord?" Ask the town chief

"Go get Rosh. He was at the mine examining something. Tell him i have something for him" He commanded. The town chief just bow his head before leaving Knox alone again.

Knox then continue working silently until he felt the surrounding mana in his side change. Soon enough he heard the familiar voice of Rosh.

"What is it this time?" Rosh ask as he sat at the long sofa infront of Knox desk.

Knox put down the paper he was holding and clasp his hand as he face Rosh. Rosh didn't say anything and just stare back at the ash gray orbs of the kid.

"Be ready, we are going to proceed with our plan starting....now" Knox said in a serious tone.

For unknown reasons Rosh felt excitement in his veins. After all, he knew what plan the boy was pertaining into.

"Did you got the sign who've been waiting for?" Ask Rosh with a sly smile on his lips as he rest his back on the soft cushion.

"Yes I did,  it just get deliver a few minutes ago" He said as he tossed the letter to Rosh.

The opened envelope landed on the coffee table. Rosh first just glance at it then back to Knox again. He then proceed on getting it and reading the content of what was written inside.

"Do you think they can handle?" Ask Rosh as he put back the letter inside.

"I only need them as a front, like a decorations perhaps. They won't be involved in any of our other plan" The kid's answered.

"A front? So they are disposable then?" Retort Rosh.

"Not exactly, you see i was quite fond of them" Answered Knox who go back to reading papers again.

"Then they will be just a cover for 'that'?" Ask Rosh again.

"Yes, after all that 'thing' should not be found out while we are on this line of business. It's something that should be keep hidden until we fulfill our goals" He answered as he flip to the next page.

"I see, then when are you planning to meet this people?" Added Rosh again.

"A day from now"Knox briefly answered.

Rosh just reply with a humm while nodding his head.

"For know i want you to look into this things. We will need it in our future plan" Knox said as he handed Rosh a folded paper.

Rosh opened it after receiving and his eyebrow raise in confusion.

"Why do you need information about such useless things?" Rosh said as he slid the paper into his pocket before he stand up.

"Anyway, i get going. That old man have been pestering me to go meet him" He said as he start to walk towards the door.

Knox just chuckled in response. He knew it was Harlan that Rosh is pertaining to when he said old man. He just found it funny that in reality it was Rosh who should be the old man considering his original age.

Knox then go back into reading documents until he noticed that it was already night time.

Feeling tired, Knox stretches his arms and legs that was under the desk. He then crack his knuckles before he decided to take a fresh break at the balcony.

As he open the door the cold wind of the evening brush through knox cheeks. It was rather cold that evening luckily Knox was wearing a thick clothing.

"Looks like winter is approaching" He muttered under his breath as his breath become visible at the dark night.

Knox then look up and saw the wide sky. There's no star or moon that can be seen. Only an endless darkness that seems to pull Knox the longer he stare into it.

"Soon enough this type of weather will be common as 'that' days finally arrive" He muttered to his self again as he reminisce the plan he made.

Just a little bit more...and finally...I will be out of that man's claws.

He thought as he remembered the predatory eyes of the man he have been trying to escape from.

------------------
Author's Note:

Well first ummmm.... Sorry again i guess? For not updating for a month i think. I just been so busy lately because of my upcoming exams. It was a hell week here. Too many projects to passed, then there's also this various performance task andddddd...... I got bored writing hehehehe, sorry.

Anyway im back!!! For now?? Maybe? I don't really know. But yeah, I'm back and ready to write again. That's all. Thank you for those who waited.

Jean_iping