Uprising 1

-070-

"They're taking too long" Grumble Rosh who was leaning against the wooden wall.

Beside him was Knox, leaning against the wall too, with his pen and notebook, writing something inside.

"Humans are prideful creatures Rosh. They would rather cut people off than talk the problem out" Commented Knox as he continue writing, not bathing an eye to the already annoyed man.

"Tsss!, that's why human remained the weakest" Rosh answered as he strengthen his back and start walking away. Knox was about to follow him when they heard a rather loud slap coming from the room next to them.

Immediately the two was frozen in place. They then look at each other trying to ask one another on what might the sound be. As if their minds are connected , the next thing that happened was the two leaning one of their ears against the door trying to hear what was happening on the next room.But all they can hear was faint mumble and ruckuses.

"What did they say?" Ask Rosh curiously.

"I don't know either but that slap surely  hurt" Answered Knox.

As the two continue to try to hear what was happening next door. They failed to recognize the presence of the town chief coming from the stairs, holding a tray of refreshments.

Upon seeing the two, the town chief was confused to he approached them to ask what was going on.

"Is everything okay sir?" He ask that immediately make the two distance their self from the door, as if it was some kind of disgusting thing they shouldn't have touch.

"Ehemmm... It's nothing" Knox answered, clearly embarrassed getting caught trying to peak at the room.

"Yeah, it's nothing. As a matter of fact we are leaving" Defend Rosh too as he try to look as if he didn't just also try to peak at what was the two was talking inside.

After an awkward silence, the two hurriedly go towards the stairs to come down. The town chief was still bewildered on their action but just decided to ignore it, thinking it was probably nothing.

Back to Knox and Rosh, they found their self on Harlan's workshop. Harlan was seating on his table, refining some of the blue diamonds.

"What are you here for?" He ask as he glance at Knox and Rosh who was silently watching him do his job.

"Hehehe, we just want to check on the final products " Knox answered, clearly making his excuse on the spot as he pauses for a few times trying to reason.

Harlan who notice his inconsistent just ignore it. After all he has no time to entertain such thoughts for now.

"I already made a few samples, would you like to see?" He ask glancing at Knox again. The hesitation on Knox eyes quickly disappear as their conversation dive more deeper into business.

"Yeah sure" He said. Harlan then stand up and the two followed.

"Here" Harlan said as he pull down the slightly dirty while cloth covering another table.

There, a few pieces of jewelry lies. There's cuffs, earrings, rings and necklaces. It was divided into two groups. The jewelry adored with gold and those jewelry that is adored with silver.

Both was equally beautiful and screaming elegance. And both are emphasizing the magnificence of the ocean blue diamond.

Knox pick up a silver ring and try it himself. He slide it on his ring finger and try raise his hand trying to see if it matches him. And it does.

Although the ring he pick up has a rather simple design. It was like the tough diamond is crash into smaller pieces and was then hammered on the fine silver.