Other Half

-060-

"Father!!! Where is my blue diamond!!" Shouted Viscount Harkins daughter, Ellena who come rushing through the door.

"Honey!"Greeted the Viscount with a smile but sweats can be seen on his face.

"Where is my blue diamond!!" Shouted Ellena angrily to her  father again.

"J-just wait a l-little while princess" Said Viscount Harkins, trying to console his raging daughter but it was if no help.

"I WANT IT NOW!! HOW CAN YOU BE SO USELESS FATHER!!" Shouted Ellena who couldn't contain her anger and frustration anymore.

But even before the Viscount can answer, his wife enter his office fuming with anger and frustration too.

"Do you know what happened to me in the banquet today?!" Shouted Viscountess Harkins, pointing his finger on her husband.

"I was laugh at because of your incompetence!!! How hard is it to just get one single gem?!!" Shouted the Viscountess as she point her finger on her husband.

Viscount Harkins who was terrified and confuse start to breakdown as his wife and daughter continue to ridicule him about his shortcomings as a father and as a husband just because of one thing.

I-I need that blue diamonds

He thought as his wife and daughter storm off from his office still fuming with anger.

-----------
A few months ago....

"How did you know me?" Ask Harlan in a dangerous tone.

"The skilled artisan who work directly for the monarch, Harlan, the king's artisan. Everyone knew that name" Answer Knox not minding the death glares Harlan is darting towards him.

Angry, Harlan unsheathed a dagger he was carrying. He then push aside the village chief as he attack Knox.

But Knox came prepared as he also unsheathed his dagger and blocked Harlan attack.

And because of the curse that was embodied on the dagger, Harlan dagger turn red and exploded, causing him to fly and land on the muddy ground outside his house.

"Harlan!" Shouted the village chief in worry but he can't bring himself to help the man because of the child who was  still standing on Harlan's house doorstep.

"I meant no harm Harlan, all i want was to offer you something great" Said Knox as he rub his eyes, hiding the sudden change of color of his eyes.

"How can i be sure you are not like that-" Harlan sentence was cut off when the boy finished it himself.

"Viscount Harkins" Knox said that makes Harlan clinch his fist in anger.

"I'm not an accomplice of such a lossy fellow they will only stain my name. Not only that, that man also have a debt to my family" Knox continue as he put back his dagger back to it's scabbard.

"I am Knoxerion Lemuel Gray, a relative of Duke Elwyn. And yes, I am a noble in born but that wouldn't change I'm from a fallen family" Knox introduction as he walk towards the man.

"And if you are wondering why I am here, I suggest that we should talk it inside your place,.. after all, it was quite the sensitive topic" Knox said as he stop in front of the man.

Harlan glare at him for the last time before getting up. And fixing his dirty clothes.

"I will hear your offer but don't expect me to accept it" The man coldly said before entering his house.