A broken soul

-034-

   Know was sweating and panting heavily while looking at the dagger pointing at him him.

His hand is feeling numb for stopping the dagger from stabbing him in his neck for how long already.

Aside from his hand who was stopping the dagger, all the other part of his body seems to be frozen  in place.

But what more shocking is the position that he was currently in,  No one was beside him at all, no enemy nor allies.

No one was trying to stab him nor kill him. But rather, he him self was  the one trying to end his own life .

He was the one pointing the dagger in his own neck. At the same time, also the one stoping it.

Knox eyes widen when he saw that the dagger was going nearer and nearer as it slips on his hand because of lack of strength

"Fuck!" He cursed. Before the dagger was stab at his neck. Ending his life.

    "KNOXX!!" Knox almost jump out of his bed upon hearing Rosh shouting.

He look at Rosh and saw the worries in the wolf eyes. It was just now that he found out he was panting heavily, as if he was been chase by thousand of dogs.

His shirt is also wet from his sweats. His hands are trembling and his knees is shaking.

"Are you okay? You've been tossing around your bed for a couple of minutes so i came to check on you" Said the worried Rosh.

Knox open his mouth to answer but no word came from it, as if his throat was block by something.  Rosh got more worried when he saw that Knox was  shaking although the boy was trying to hide it from him.

"D-don't worry, I'm f-fine" Answer Knox, hugging his self to stop his self from shaking.

Rosh want to say something but just decided not to.

It will make thing worse if ask him to tell me his frightening nightmare.

Many nights past and the boy continue to experience that same nightmares, and everytime he did, Rosh was always accompany him until he fall asleep again.

That child have been acting like this for the past couple of days already. At first i thought it was just normal nightmares. But ever since then, he will always have it every night.

Rosh shake his head and decided to just forget everything as he once again ignore the boy's action as he once again experience nightmares.

He will tell me anyway soon. So let's try our best not reminding him that.

Although worried, Rosh don't want to push Knox to hard. He knew that forcing him will only remind the boy of the terrible thing he just witness.

            Knox look outside as they enter the outskirt of the of the Elwyn territory.

He was amaze by the fields that greet them. There also houses but not to many.

"Welcome to the East knox" Knox look back at the duke who was sitting opposite to him. He just smiled and go back looking at the views.

"About the thing you want me to protect, what is it?" He ask not gazing back at the duke.

"Hmm..Let just say it's something important for the dukedom future" Answer the Duke, deliberately avoiding Knox question.

Just  say it you old geezer.

"Hahahaah! I know what you are thinking Knox, but i can't just say it here"  Said the Duke as if he just read what was Knox is thinking, Knox eyebrow rise from what the duke says.