Wandering knight

-043-

It was night time and everyone was asleep at the manor except Knox.

"Your doing it wrong again"Scolded Rosh.

"You've been practicing this spell for quite a while now and yet you barely improve" Scold Rosh.

Knox who was so done to Rosh scolding open his eyes and glare at him.

"Is there's no shortcut doing this?!" He frustratedly mumble.

Rosh just sigh and get up.

"There's no shortcut learning magic. You need to learn every step even if it's a little or a big step" Rosh explained as he start circling around Knox who was sitting on the floor.

"Because if you skip even the tiniest step what you build so far will only crumble into pieces" He lectured that Knox replied by rolling his eyes.

"But this spell isn't even supposed to be part of the training!!" Sulk Knox.

"You have plenty of time back in the viscount manor and yet you never care to give even a little time to practice this!!" Replied that also annoyed Rosh.

"What's the point of learning this? Didn't you say i can only use it once anyway!" Argue Knox back .

"Yes, but that one chance could have save you from that curse thing if you knew how to use it that time!" Argue Rosh back that silence Knox as what Rosh said do have a point.

"But aziel was the reason we can talk again" whisper Knox but Rosh was still able to hear it.

"You do remember that before you where able to talk to that curse thing you was chase by some monster first, almost got deaf because of some deafening sound upon entering that so called grave of the fallen heroes you are saying !!"Shouted Rosh in frustration.

What important is that i didn't die okay.

Is what Knox want to say, but knowing Rosh fro years he will only end up being scolded more.

"And don't you ever forget that you where attack by that curse thing too!!" Added Rosh that silence Knox.

"So don't you dare say that he help us. That curse thing only pay for the damage he cause you" Rosh angrily added.

"Okay!, okay!" Knox surrender as he him self couldn't come up of any more valid reason.

Rosh calmed down after  and stop circling around Knox. He then sat down in front of him and watch Knox every move.

"Just like i said before, an independent spell is completely different from dependent spell. From its structure to the way to cast, it is different" explained Rosh once again.

Knox just  close his eyes and sigh.

  If i knew Rosh will be like this when he learn i still didn't learn the independent spell he thought me way back at the forest i shouldn't have told him anything.

He thought, regretting his actions.

-------------
A month before.....

Knox and Rosh was busy reading a book about magic. Knox was trying to learn some new spell but he doesn't now where to start so he ask Rosh fro help.

"Now that i think about it you stop learning magic way back at the viscount manor aren't you?" Ask Rosh,Knox didn't reply and just  scratch his head confirming Rosh question.

"I tried learning the third element of expertise but i didn't improve even a bit" He explained.

"You should stick to your second element of expertise spells then. You can start with your first but time magic is quite a tricky to learn" Suggested Rosh .