Uprising 2

-072-

Late at night on Belvon Knox was still busy flipping through the endless papers on his table.

As the lunch for the gemstone grew nearer and nearer his workload grow larger and larger too.

Suddenly the door in the balcony on his left open and the cold gush of wind enter the room, erasing the once warmness it holds.

"Good job for successfully accomplishing your first mission Adler" Knox congratulate, not bating an eye to the cloaked man standing on the balcony.

"Thank you my lord" Benjamin replied as he bow his head slightly to the greet the little lord that is busy on his table.

Knox then reply nor glance at Benjamin at all. He just continue on what he was doing.

Benjamin on the other hand pull off a newspaper on his coat and walk over towards Knox to hand it over.

"Here is the report my lord. As per your order i stop the spread of the rumor regarding the gemstone. But a small problem has occurred. It seems that a traveling journalist have heard of the news and published an article about it already" He reported as he handed Knox the newspaper where the article was.

Knox stop what he was doing and took the newspaper. He read a few of the headings before he put it down.

"Don't mind him. He is probably just new to this work" Knox replied that Benjamin replied with a single nod.

To be clear, Traveling journalist are usually new journalist who are searching for something that can raise their reputations. Also they don't have that many connection yet thus they need to search for the information by them self.

"Do you have more orders my lord?" Ask Benjamin after he took the newspaper back and slid it in his coat.

Knox stop on flipping through the paper but didn't say anything. He was thinking if they are still some thing he might need.

After a few minutes of thinking he put down  his pen and paper and face Benjamin who was standing slightly on his side.

He clasp his hand and strengthen his back, fixing his posture before talking.

"You are once try to rebel against Duke Cromwell am i right?" He ask with a very serious tone.

Although confused Benjamin answered Knox.

"Yes, I was once" He answered, still confused on why the boy have ask.

"Then you must have acquired something against him to even think of commiting a rebellion" Knox continued.

That is when Benjamin realizes why the boy have ask him of such weird question. A small grin grew on his lips as he answered the boy.

"Indeed i was. Would you like me to report it tou you my lord?" He ask with that same grin.

"No, not for a now atleast. But i do need a part of it" He said.

"Tell me about the information you gathered regarding Viscount Harkins" Knox commanded.

Benjamin first clear his throat before he reported what Knox was asking for.

"Viscount Harkins was currently one of the  wealthiest person in the kingdom. He acquired his wealth by replacing the once royal craftsman, Harlan. He is married to Viscountess Sofia a cousin of Duke Cromwell. With his union he form a connection with the Duke and manage to gain more wealth because of it. But in exchange he became the Duke's eyes in the east" Benjamin explained as Knox listen carefully.

"As per everyone knows Viscount Harkins was not so good as a person. He was behind a few assassination of journalist, a few of his Business rivals and those commoner who oppose him. But because he has a strong wall to lean against he was never charged of those crimes. In a few years he manage conquer the mining industry by sabotaging any other businesses. He will either threatened the merchant or the people working under them. He also have a few shares of illegal smuggling and human trafficking too here in the east" Continued Benjamin.