Wandering knight

-042-

Knox drink the last bit of water from the water bottle he carry with him. He was so exhausted from all the training he just did.

"Retiring now?" Ask Rosh as he approach the boy sitting at the ground.

"Just give me a minute" Answer Knox, gasping for more  air.

After a few more minutes Knox let go of a deep sigh and decided to stand up.

He then pick up his cloak that was laying on the ground and wear it.

"Let's go Rosh" Call Knox as he bend over and pick up Rosh.

He then put his hood on and began walking back to the road where he will wait for another carriage heading back  to the manor.

"Oh!, There's one!" Knox happily said as he saw a carriage from a far.

He then tighten his grip on Rosh and close his eyes.

Soon enough another magic circle started to form beneath him, on his sides and on the top of his head.

"Time to go back and confirm my suspicion" Said Knox before disappearing.

     Meanwhile, the carriage of Count Mellis was currently on its way to the Duke's manor.

"I heard Duke Elwyn bring a boy back when he visit Viscount Wendell territory" The woman with curly violet hair started.

The man who was sitting opposite to her look at her as she caught his attention by what he just said.

"They say the boy was a distant relative of the Duke ,but there been a rumor circulating that he was a bastard of his " Reply the man.

"It doesn't matter if the boy was a bastard of the duke. He still carry the blood of an Elwyn. And would you look at that, he was the same age of our Isabell!" Said the woman in a delightful tone, looking at the girl who was sleeping next to her.

"There's no harm them being friends " She added but her eyes is showing something else. Like a snake who see an opportunity to attack a lion cub who was left unattended by the lion.

Upon seeing his wife expression a smile form on the man's lips, knowing what the woman was pertaining about.

           "Young master Knox, his grace have sent me here to inform you about the arrival of Count and Countess Mellis. His grace wants you and young master kai to greet the couple as he can't do so" informed the butler.

Knox who was reading something on his notebook close it to  face the butler.

"I see, You can wait outside" He replied with a smile on his face.

The butler bow his head and left as he instructed. Knox then reach for the bell place on the side oh his desk and ring  it a few times. Soon after, maids enter his room as a response to his call.

They help him choose what clothes he wear and was decided with a simple white sleeve topped with azure blue waistcoat partnered with an azure blue trouser and a leather shoes.

"I'm going Rosh" Knox goodbye before leaving. The butler who was still outside his room then  guided him to the drawing room where the guest is waiting.

"Greetings Count and Countess!" Greet Knox as he bow down elegantly. Countess Mellis smile at Knox and show him to sit.

Knox smiled back and sit next to Kai who was already there.

"Your quite late" Kai whisper.

"No one informed me about someone coming over" whisper Knox back.