Wandering knight

-047-

  Two man was sipping tea quietly together. A man full of elegance and power and another man who is emitting danger and strength.

"It's been so long since the last time Sir Caine" Lead  the Duke as he put down his cup.

"Indeed, it is Duke. But i notice that you didn't change at all" Reply the man with a hint of insult.

"Still weak and fragile" Continue the man as he sip on his tea just like what he said  was nothing.

"And i see that you still have that sharp tongue of yours" Reply the Duke back.

The man just laughed and pour tea on his empty cup.

"Being honest and having a sharp tongue is different my lord. It was entirely different" Reply the man, emphasizing the word different.

The duke was about to reply when a knock from the door disturb them.

"Young master Knox is here your grace" Announce Butler Nicholas who was outside.

The Duke fix his posture first before uttering come in.

"Greetings your grace. I was informed that you are looking for me" Greet Knox, full of elegance but laziness can be heard from the way he talk.

I was about to take a nap. Why call me all of a sudden?

Knox look around and was a little surprised when he saw the old man again.

I don't know why Kai brought this old man with us but he sure is a creepy guy. He've been looking at me with this strange look ever since in the carriage.

Knox thought as he averted his gaze from the old man who keeps looking at him in a strange way

"Sit down first Knox" Order the Duke that Knox lazily obey.

"This is Sir Leonard Caine. You might not heard anything about him but he was the strongest swordman in the kingdom" Address the Duke.

Why do i feel like  he was being rude for some reason. Are this two old  geezer not on good term?

He thought upon hearing the insincere tone of the Duke.

"Please to meet you Sir Caine, I am Knoxerion Lemuel Gray, a distant relative of his grace,Duke Elwyn" Knox slightly bow his head as a sign of respect.

It makes the old man smile for some reason that creeps Knox more.

This kid is really a peculiar kid. How did that jerk Stefan find such an amazing kid?

Said the man named Leonard Caine to his self as he watch Knox averted his gaze again because of awkwardness

"The pleasure is mine to meet such talented child" Compliment the man, looking at Knox with so much interest in his eyes which make Knox question what the man is thinking.

What is wrong with this old geezer? He is a total creep!

"Thank you for the compliment Sir Caine" Knox replied as he awkwardly sip in his cup of tea and look away.

"Hohoho.. such a polite child you are young master Knox. But I wonder where you learn how to fight at such an early age" Replied the man jokingly.

But none of the two laugh at what the man said rather they felt that there  was a sudden tension in the air.

Knowing what truly the man was pointing Knox look at the Duke for some confirmation before he open his mouth. The Duke just nod his head and averted his gaze

"I was always criticize for being a part of a fallen noble family from where i came from. People there tend to bully me even if our family have a much higher title " Knox bluntly lie

"Most be hard for a such a young child like you young master" Replied the old man, sipping at his tea.

How glad I am that I'm such a good liar

Knox thought as he glance at the man secretly.

"But your fighting style is quite unique young master Knox, I never encountered a people who have the same fighting style as yours" Replied the old man that makes Knox stiffen for a moment but he manage to get his composure back soon after.

"It most be because i am more use to a brawl fight so i was tend to use my fist more that the weapon i was holding" Knox replied as he watch the man with suspicion in his eyes.

Did he caught onto something?

"You must be right, I was use to witness swords fight that i forgotten that fist can also be a weapon" Answer the man, laughing slightly.

This kid is also good at keeping his composure. Indeed, a very interesting young man.

Thought the man as he glance at the boy sitting in front of him.

"Why do you call me your grace by the way" Knox changing the topic, turning his gaze at the man in his left.

"Sir Caine ask to meet you, he said he wants to thank you for your help" Answer the Duke.

"Not necessary Sir Caine, that man hurt me first, I just defend my self" Reply Knox turning his gaze at the old man.

"Hohoho!.. Such a nice young man!. You pick my interest, how about letting me teach you a thing or two" Offered the man. For a moment there was nothing but silence until Knox decided to broke it.

"I appreciate your offer Sir Caine but i'm afraid i might be quite the picky child" Knox replied.

How can i tell that you are indeed good at swordmanship ?. You might show some bizarre thing way back at the fight but that doesn't make you thrust worthy.

Was Knox inner thought

"I see that you want to test me young master. How can i prove that I'm not whatever person you are thinking ?" Challenge the old man.

It caught Knox interested so he put down his cup and lean closer.

"Show me what you got, Sir Caine" Knox answer, challenging the old man.

        "So what's your plan?" Ask Rosh who was laying at the center of Knox bed.

"I don't have one" Answer Knox who was busy reading something in the news paper.

"What do you mean you don't have one? Are you saying you just provoke him without any reason?" Ask Rosh with a blank expression.

"Nope!" Knox cheerfully answer making Rosh more confuse for what his true intentions.

I can't get what this child is up to sometimes

Rosh inner thought as he look at Knox with a confused look.

"Don't worry to much Rosh, just let me handle this one" Knox confidently said.

"The last time you handle something you almost die because of some dimwit curse object" Blabber Rosh without hesitation.

It makes Knox guilty so he cleared his throat and avoid Rosh gaze.

Why do you always need to remind me of that terrifying night?.

"Any way, just let me handle this one" Knox said and come back to what he was reading, avoiding further questions from Rosh.

"Just be sure you brat. If you come back here again looking like a rag who bath in blood i will finished your life my self" Remind Rosh with a serious tone, scaring the soul out of Knox who was pretending  like he can't hear what Rosh was saying.

Geez! Old man in this world surely is terrifying!

Knox inner thought as he go back to reading what was written on the news paper again.