Wandering knight

-041-

"It's time for you to wake up young master Knox!" Announced the maid.

"Give me a minute" Answer Knox lazily. But the maid didn't listen and instead open the curtains allowing the sun light through knox room.

Knox groan in annoyance, accepting his defeat. He get up while rubbing his eyes with his hand mumbling about how early it is.

Rosh who was also sleep beside him start stretching when he noticed that the boy is awake

"The duke and young master Kai was already waiting  for you at the dining table" Said the maid as she tied the curtains to let sunlight in, in the room.

  Why do i always need to join them in every meal?

Thought Knox as he lazily get up off his bed.

"Tell them they can start without me" Knox answer in annoyance.

"Come on young master!" The maid pushed to convince Knox.

"Ugh! I hate getting up do early" Murmur Knox as they go down the stairs.

A year has passed since the execution of the head maid flora. Unlike before when Knox first days at the manor, the servants now respect him. Although, it still cant compare to the treatment the true Elwyn received.

"Young master Knox is entering!" Announced Butler Nicholas as Knox set foot at the dinning hall.

"Good morning Knox" Greeted the two person sitting at the table.

"Good morning" Knox lazily greeted back.

He then sit in his usual chair and the feast started

"Don't you have anything planned for today Knox?" Ask the Duke. Knox drink first from his cup before answering the duke.

"Not really, I only have history and etiquette class for today" He answered before going back to eating.

"How about selecting your personal butler today?" Suggested the Duke that makes Knox eye rolled.

It was pretty common on Gren kingdom that every noble have there own personal butler and maid. But Knox only have a personal maid and  he was just force to get one actually.

"Grandpa is right. You are growing up Knox, soon you will also take care of some business regarding the Dukedom, especially now that im moving into the academy" Kai added.

The once fragile looking and sickly child before was nowhere to found anymore.
It as if Kai didn't suffer from drug addiction at all. He was well and healthy now and just turn twelve last month, which is a hassle for Knox because of the ball that he needed to attend.

"I'm afraid i cannot. I might be  living at the Dukedom for now but i'm still a part of a fallen family and was only brought here to be your aid young master" He replied.

"And you know how much I hate having someone tailing me everywhere too" He added.

The duke didn't say  anything anymore because he knew Knox  mind wouldn't change.

"Is that so, I won't force you then" Said the Duke. The breakfast then end after a few more minutes and the three go back to things they need to do.

  "Greetings young master Knox" Greet Baroness Albert, the person the Duke in charge of his history classes.

Knox also bow down to the woman who greets him and greet her back.