chapter 39- whats going on?

Hunter p.o.v.

It's been two whole hours since sarah left and I have done nothing but mope around. I just feel like pure shit. All I can seem to do is worry about her. I can't stop thinking about her, worrying about her, craving her to be near me. I feel like I'm going crazy and it's only been two hours.

I'm sat inside my bedroom lost in thought when all of a sudden my bedroom door barges open.

"That's it. You are coming with us and spending some time with us. Sarah won't be happy if you keep moping around. You know sarah is strong and will be fine." My sister crystal said barging into the bedroom almost making me jump.

I groaned and chucked a pillow at her.

"Crystal go away." I said grumpily making her chuck the pillow back at me. It hit my face making me growl in frustration.

"Hunter come on downstairs where everyone is. I know you miss her and are worried about her, so are we but the longer you sit here the longer it will feel until she come back. Come down stairs and get your mind distracted. Before you know it she will be back." Crystal pleaded.

I sighed and was a about to decline until I looked into her puppy eyes making me groan.

"Fine." I said sighing and standing up making her smile.

I feel a bit bad to be honest. Ever since I have met sarah I have barely spent any time with crystal and everyone else.

"I'm sorry." I said softly just as crystal was about to walk out.

Crystal turned around and looked at me confused.

"For what?" She asked.

"I have not really spent any time with any of you since I met sarah. I haven't done it on purpose it's just that-" I started saying but she cut me off.

"Hunter it's fine. I understand. I have my mate as well. I haven't tried to spend much time with you all either. I would really like it if you spoke to Layton more though. He feels as though you don't really like him." Crystal said a bit sadly at the end.

I frowned and looked at her confused.

"Why would he think that?" I asked confused.

She sighed softly before sitting down on my bed and speaking.

"You don't even try to say hello to him. Your always looking grumpy unless sarah is around. He has tried to speak to you a few times and you either just nod or say hi and dont even try to follow up a conversation." Crystal said looking down.

I sighed and sat next to her.

"I'm sorry. I'm so use to just speaking to jayden. You know I find it hard to trust other people and let them in. However I think since finding sarah my mind has been occupied. I will speak to him I promise." I said softly.

"I dont want you to speak to him fe ause I said about this Hunter. I'm not asking you to be his best friend I'm just asking you to at least try and bond with him. I think you will both really get on. He is amazing Hunter." Crystal said softly making me smile and nod.

"I am glad you are happy little sister." I said smiling.

She growled at me and glared.

"We are the same age." She gritted out rolling her eyes making me chuckle.

We headed downstairs together where everyone already was including layton.

"Here he is." My mom said softly looking at me and walking towards me with her arms out fir a hug.

I smiled and hugged her tightly.

"Sorry mom. I just  was worried about her but I know she can handle herself." I said.

My mom nodded in understanding.

"I know sweetie. You will always worry I know that." She said softly.

I nodded my head and smiled. There was a seat next to layton so I sat down next to him. He looked surprised and I looked to crystal who was sat at the other side who smiled at me thankfully.

"Hey, I'm sorry I have not spoken to you much. My mind has kind of been occupied." I said sheepishly.

He again looked suprised but smiled at me.

"Its alright. I understand." He said glancing at his mate crystal (my sister.).

I chuckled and nodded.

"I think I'm gonna do a bit of training after this if you want to come?" I asked making him nod enthusiastically.

"Sure, I have not done any training in a couple of days as I have been busy so sounds good to me." He said making me nod.

We made small talk while eating our food. Eventually everyone else joined in on our talk as well. It kept me a little distracted but I still missed her a lot.

As we are sat talking I all of a sudden feel someone tapping into my mind making me open the mindlink.

"Hunter, can you hear me?" I heard sarah ask through mindlink making me sigh in relief at her voice.

"Hey baby, I can hear you. Are you okay? Do you need anything?" I asked worriedly.

"No I'm fine. I just I think I have found something. Well actually I dont think it I know it. My mom, she left clues. I think I need to come back soon. I don't think it's safe for me to stay here over night." I heard sarah say making panic and concern run through me.

"Baby, what's going on?" I asked worriedly.

"I have to go love I will speak to you soon vut I'm fine my love do not worry." I heard her quickly say before she shut the link of making me growl loudly.

I noticed how everyone froze and looked at me worriedly.

"Hunter are you alright?" I heard crystal ask.

"Sarah just mindlinked me. Something is wrong. She said she might have to come back tonight as she doesnt think it's safe for her to stay there." I growled out.

Everyone eyes widened in horror. All I could do was growl in anger and worry. Nothing better happen to her. Why did she rush to cut the mindlink of?