2 • 148 • 160

- Persistence -

At first, Altaira wondered why instead of putting his orb near with a comrade who could defend him, he left an orb in a wide open place with no one to help him? He also noticed that although Cheonhee was near and could just defend his orb, she didn't do a thing about it. 

And it was after he approached the orb and offended so many skulls that he realized that there was no need for Cheonhee to interfere. The orb was equipped with its own defense.

'If they keep coming like this, I will die from bleeding first instead of saving Charlotte!'

[ Charlotte's Style : Time Manipulation : Acceleration ]

[ Charlotte's Style : Time Manipulation : Time Reverse ]

The wounds on his body were recovered. His speed was increased as well. But no matter how fast he was, with the skulls getting stronger again and again, he would be wounded and injured again. He realized that aside from enhancing the strength of the other skulls, for every single skull he has destroyed, ten more skulls will appear to replace one.

'This isn't fair!!'

It was until silver butterflies caught his attention.

Large number of butterflies were flying. The blue butterflies landed on himself while the silver butterflies went to fight against the skulls.

The blue butterflies started to heal his wounds and replenish his energy. The silver butterflies went on a fight on his stead.

'The silver butterflies devours one's flesh and bone. And it just so happens that these skulls are their foods!'

The butterflies were attached to skulls and devoured them until there was nothing left. The skulls which had been bothering him for a long time were destroyed by the butterflies of his beloved.

And knowing that fact made him smile in happiness. He opened his left hand and allowed one of the silver butterflies to rest in his palm.

'Thank you, Celeste.'

When Nathan suddenly arrived behind Altaira, he wondered why he was smiling on his own. And he didn't bother to hide his curiosity.

"What the hell are you smiling at? Gone mad?"

Altaira was startled. Blushed, he glared at Nathan and asked, "Why the hell are you here?!"

"I'm here to help you," said Nathan. "Cheonhee is supposed to be with Callan, but I couldn't see him anywhere which makes me worried. And Charlotte who is usually with Bam disappeared and instead, you are here."

Altaira knew that Nathan didn't like him at all. His grudge with descendants from Khun Family wasn't that easy to pacify. Although he was now with Celeste, he still disliked him.

"Charlotte is kidnapped by Callan inside that orb," Altaira said and pointed to the black orb. "So we need to do something about it."

Nathan looked at the black orb and frowned, "Something tells me... this is not going to be easy."

"Even if it's not easy, I still have to try it. This concerns my sister's life," Altaira said determinedly. He flew to the orb and swung his spear, stabbing it.

The moment the spear stabbed the orb, black shockwaves were released. Three shockwaves were released, and everything on its range was destroyed. The silver and blue butterflies were turned into ashes. Altaira coughed out blood and was pushed away by the shockwave, only to be caught by Nathan who withstood it.

"How are you feeling?" Nathan asked.

"I feel that my body is being pierced by a thousand needles," Altaira said while huffing. "Again and again."