63

"Hyung, you took pictures of your bruises right?" He asked right before they all three watched as a car pulled into Yoongi's driveway.

Yoongi's eyes widened before he dove back into Hoseok's car, the others doing the same. "Hyung-"

"Shhh! Get down and shut up!" He said as he peeked over at his house and at the very familiar car in his driveway.

It seemed as if they all held their breath as the driver's side door opened and someone stepped out. Yoongi relaxed for a second before he made a puzzled look.

"What's Jungkook's mother doing at your house?" Hoseok asked.

"And why does she have Jungkook's car? What if he's in there? We can't see shit cause of the damn tint!" Namjoon said.

Yoongi watched as she walked up to the door and pulled her keys out. She hesitated for a moment before dropping the keys back into her purse and knocking instead.

"Maybe I should go over there." Yoongi said as he looked at Hoseok and Namjoon.

Hoseok shook his head. "No.... Joonie, go. Old people love you." He said.

Yoongi chuckled a bit. "Yeah... cause he's old himself." He remarked.

Namjoon glared at him playfully. "I have an old soul, it's different." He said before he got out and walked across the street.

Namjoon walked up a couple of the stairs before he cleared his throat. "Uh... Mrs. Jeon?" He asked.

Jungkook's mother turned around. "Yes? Do I know you?" She asked.

Namjoon gave her a dimples smile. "Ah yes, we've met a couple of times. I'm Jungkook's boss- well one of them, I own half the company. And I am one of Yoongi's best friends. I was standing with him, behind my fiancé at the alter, best man number two!" He said with a smile.

Jungkook's mother smiled at him. "Ah yes! Now I remember you! How are you, Namjoon-ssi?" She asked.

"I'm good! Were you looking for Yoongi? Or Jungkook?" He asked.

She took a couple steps down towards Namjoon. "Ah, yes, I was looking for Yoongi." She said.

Namjoon nodded. "Is it a message from Jungkook? Because they aren't really on speaking terms, besides about the kids, at the moment."

"No, it's not... I just really need to speak with him." She said.

Namjoon nodded again. "Okay, I have a spare key, I can let you in, I'll let him know I did so you aren't waiting out here." He said as he walked up and unlocked the door for her.

Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows. "What is he doing?" Hoseok asked.

Yoongi shrugged before he got out of the car. "Namjoon-"

"It's okay, hyung. I'm like ninety-nine percent sure that she isn't helping Jungkook." Namjoon said.

Yoongi sighed. "Well what did she say?" He asked.

"She just said she needed to talk to you.... So you want Hobi-yah and I to come with you?" He asked.

Yoongi shook his head. "No... it's okay. I'll see you guys later..." Yoongi said before he walked over to his house.

Yoongi slowly pushed his front door open, seeing Jungkook's mother looking at the pictures of the kids. Yoongi walked over to her and lightly cleared his throat. "Eomeonim?"

She turned to Yoongi and smiled. "Yoongi, I'm sorry for showing up unannounced... I just- I just didn't know where to go." She said.

Yoongi nodded before he helped her sit down. "What's going on?" He asked.

Jungkook's mother sighed and looked over at Yoongi as he sat next to her. "I'm worried about Jungkook... I know you two aren't in the best place right now, but you're still his husband... have you heard from him?" She asked.

Yoongi shook his head. "No actually... but we're not really talking right now... we... We're actually getting a divorce, Eomeonim..."

Jungkook's mother sighed. "He left his car at my place... I didn't even hear him come in. I heard the door slam shut and went to go see if it was him or his brother but all I found were his car keys and his car in my driveway. I tried calling but.... Nothing." She said.

Yoongi pouted. "Have you been to his house yet?" He asked.

"He never gave me the address. The last time I spoke with him was when we were here with you. What happened the last time you saw or spoke to him?" She asked.

Yoongi explained the altercation between him and Taehyung a few weeks ago.

"Oh dear... I hope he's alright... I hope it's not as bad as last time." She said, saying the last part mostly to herself.

Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows. "Last time?" He asked. Jungkook's mother nodded. "I thought... he was married before?"

Jungkook's mother gave Yoongi a slightly confused look before she shook her head. "It was his high school boyfriend... they had been engaged briefly but Jungkook caught him cheating. He still wanted to make things work, he forgave him right away... but he broke up with Jungkook and left him for the other man. Jungkook was devastated... he always was when he'd get broken up with. I believe it was because he's a romantic at heart and just wanted to find the one... which was you... or was suppose to be you..."

Yoongi sat back in shock. "The man he was engaged to... did he still have communication with him?" Yoongi asked.

Jungkook's mother put her hand over her chest and frowned. "No... poor thing accidentally drowned while on vacation with his husband- the man he had cheated with." She said.

Yoongi looked her over before he asked another question. "How many people has Jungkook been with besides me and Jimin?"

She shrugged. "I'm not sure... he had a boyfriend who was from another country, he came here but I guess things didn't work out and Jungkook said he went back home. I think that was it... Jiah would know better... but he died when he and Jungkook were in high school, a car accident..."

Yoongi gulped before he nodded and started gently rubbing the faded bruise on his arm.. "Thank you... for telling me... I can ask people from work if they've seen him or heard from him and I'll ask Jimin tonight and I'll call you as soon as I know something, okay?" Yoongi said as he stood up.

Jungkook's mother nodded and hugged Yoongi before he walked her to the door. He waved goodbye
as she drove off before retreating back into his house and immediately locking the door behind him.