ch.15.Yes flying

******************************************************************

Thursday's last class flying with Slytherins.

When you cut off a hydra's head two new heads are formed they say. I don't know about Hydra but as cut-up planaria regrew a rival showed at our table this fine morning when I took care of Malfoy.

I had never believed I would meet a person I hated more than THAT BASTARD, but that was before I met a devil named Goyle and Crabbe aka the bitches. 

Still, first-year Puffs only had Potions with the Slytherins, so we didn't have to put up with them trolls much. Or at least, we didn't until we spotted a notice pinned up in the Hufflepuff common room that made us all groan. 

 "Typical," I said darkly. "Just what I always wanted. To make a fool of myself on a broomstick in front of everyone." I had been looking forward to learning to fly more than anything else. I mean it was FLYING! every magic-loving fanatics' supreme dream, is to ride a broomstick.

"You don't know that you'll make a fool of yourself," said Ron reasonably for once. "Anyway, I know Malfoy was going on about how good he was at Quidditch when we played soccer," Neville said,

Malfoy certainly did talk about flying a lot. He complained loudly about first years never getting on the house Quidditch teams and told long, boastful stories that always seemed to end with him narrowly escaping Muggles in helicopters. He wasn't the only one, though: the way Terry Boot told it, he'd spent most of his childhood zooming around the countryside on his broomstick. 

Even Susan would tell anyone who'd listened about the time she'd almost hit a hang glider on her old broom. Everyone from wizarding families talked about Quidditch constantly.

 Cho Chang had already had a big argument with Padma, who shared her dormitory, about soccer.

she couldn't see what was exciting about a game with only one ball where no one was allowed to fly. 

 Neville had never been on a broomstick in his life, because his grandmother had never let him near one. Privately, I felt she'd had good reason because Neville managed to have an extraordinary number of incidents even with both feet on the ground

Hannah was almost as nervous about flying as Neville was. This was something you couldn't learn by heart out of a book -- not that she hadn't tried.

 At breakfast on Thursday she told us all the flying tips she'd gotten out of a library book called Quidditch Through the Ages. Neville was hanging on to her every word, desperate for anything that might help him hang on to his broomstick later, her lecture was interrupted by the arrival of the mail.

 Harry hadn't had a single letter since coming to Hogwarts, something that both Neville and Draco had been quick to notice, of course. Malfoy's eagle owl was always bringing him packages of sweets from home, which he opened gloatingly at the Slytherin table.

 A barn owl brought Neville a small package from his grandmother. He opened it excitedly and showed us a glass ball the size of a large marble, which seemed to be full of white smoke.  Yeah right, you may not want to go show it off, Nev.

"It's a Remembrall!" he explained. "Gran knows I forget things -- this tells you if there's something you've forgotten to do. Look, you hold it tight like this, and if it turns red -- oh..." His face fell because the theRemembrall had suddenly glowed scarlet,

 "You've forgotten something..."Neville was trying to remember what he'd forgotten

" Your outer robes Nev," I told him, and the Remembrall returned back to its original state.