ch.31.Halloween part 2

I ran through the corridor, The adrenaline levels in my body were rising, I could feel my heart beat with exhilaration or was it excitement or perhaps nervousness.

I didn't know, but I was drunk on the feeling. I had to reach her quick so I pushed the giddy feeling down why was I feeling as if this was my first debut?

I didn't have much time to think about that as an overwhelming stench filled my nostrils, oh gawd it smelled more horrible than dad's socks, yikes!

I covered my nose not waiting to cast a spell as I heard great footsteps. I quickly sent phantom a mental message that I found the troll and to be ready on stand by.

I passed an adjacent corridor going to my left and there it was at the end of the corridor

The troll was a horrible sight. Twelve feet tall, its skin was a dull, granite
gray, its great lumpy body like a boulder with its small bald head
perched on top like a coconut. It had short legs thick as tree trunks
with flat, horny feet. The smell coming from it was incredible. It was
holding a huge wooden club, which dragged along the floor because its
arms were so long.

It was way to close to the bathroom.

I went into the bathroom where Hermione was fixing her skirt.

"Har-!" In two long strides I crossed the distance between the door and Hermione and muffled her.

" Troll, dangerous, near , smell" I whispered to her , through heavy breathing.

"Nqbwhwkmqnfff" she spoke into my hand but I didn't wait to decipher it as I heard giangatic footsteps coming in our direction.

I quickly pushed ourselves into a stand close to the door and shut it. I could feel phantom hovering near me through the connection.

We held our breathes, I was sitting on the seat with Hermione on my lap.

I knew it wouldn't be comfortable for her but we had no choice.

I slowly removed my hand as she whipped her head around sharply and opened her mouth but closed it as we heard the loud noise of the door slamming open and along came the troll with its nauseating smell.

We heard it move forward and I motioned for Hermione to make a run for it. She shook her head furiously but before we could decide anything the stall next to us was crushed.

Hermione let out a screech as we saw the great smelly giant looking at us through the wall it just broke.

I jumped up, clutching hermione in my arms and ran out the stall and the door as phantom distracted it , god's how I love my mental connection to her.

A corridor down, I put Hermione down to catch my breath but she was still clinging to my robes the shock and fear freezing her numb.

" Hermione , the other students are in the great hall if we just make it to the hall we'll be safe , I would have suggested the Hufflepuff common room but we ran in the opposite direction"

She nodded numbly
We heard a great crash and the corridor trembled as the troll ran wild on the opposite end.

" You make a run for it while i dirtarct it "

"But-" I cut her off shaking her shoulders

" it'll catch us both if we run together, I have a plan you go " i said pushing her towards the hall while i left her to face the troll myself.

I found the troll looking angry than before, it was smashing everything in its sight.

I cast an air cleaning spell on my head and the withdrew the seductive and sparyed it in the giants direction.