ch.32.The consequences of an espionage

HER POV~(HJP)

I had barely picked Hermione up when we heard footsteps again.But this time they were small , less gigantic and more human.

The professors were here

They must have heard all the racket we had been making, of course,
someone downstairs must have heard the crashes and the troll's roars.

A moment later, Professor McGonagall had come bursting,closely followed by Snape, with Quirrell and professor sprout bringing up the rear.

Quirrell took one look at the troll, let out a faint whimper, and sat quickly
down, clutching his heart.

Snape bent over the troll. Professor McGonagall was looking at me with a well hidden worry unfortunately the anger wasn't so well hidden.

I don't remember ever seeing her look so angry. Her lips were white.
I Hope she doesn't make Hufflepuff go into negative points.prifessor sprout won't be happy.

"What on earth were you thinking of?" said Professor McGonagall, with
cold fury in her voice.

I looked at Hermione , who was still cradled in my arms with her wand still out in her hand.

"You're lucky you weren't killed. Why aren't you in your dormitory or Great hall?"

Snape gave me a swift, piercing look.

I was just arranging my thoughts to spin this story so me and Hermione would get out of this unscathed.

The thrashed cans will be hard to explain

Then a small voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Please, Professor McGonagall -- he was looking for me."

"Miss Granger!"

Hermione had jumped down from my arms and managed to get to her feet at last.

Yes let's play the victim

"I went looking for the troll because I -- I thought I could deal with it
on my own -- you know, because I've read all about them."she said.

Oh gawd, girl please don't do that.

" Hermione , no need to lie for me it's all my fault " I gave her a pleading look

" But-"

"No-" Hermione. I gave her a look that made my little brother shut up.it worked on her too.

Then I looked at professor Mcgonagall who was looking like she aged several years in the spam of seconds.

"Professor, Hermione was in the loo crying because she was upset. I heard about it from the other girls and came looking for her. I'm sorry I shouldn't have entered the girls loo. I was just on my way back from confronting her ,when I bumped into Neville and then we saw professor Quirrell screaming about trolls in dungeons. I told Neville to find you and went to look for Hermione on the first floor.

I thought that the professors will be busy managing the other panicked students. And Hermione... She didn't know about the troll and I-*I kinda did a choke* I thought that since the troll was in the dungeons and the lavatory on 1st we could make it back,or-or- it might be too late for the teachers. I didn't expect that the troll would find us. It's all my fault professor."

I didn't say any further but instead widened my eyes, opening the emotion cylinder filled with guilt and fear just a little so my face was the epitome of a terrified and guilty child. It didn't take long for tears to fill my eyes. I held them in. Crying would be too much, i just needed them to know that I was scared and guilty when there was nothing I could do against the situation.