ch.17.Mysterious attacker

Mysterious attackers

HER POV~

I stretched to remove the kinks in my back that were caused due to sitting for too long in the same position.

I heaved a sigh, closed the damn history book, and rolled the dried parchment consisting of my notes.

Making a mental note to myself to buy more notebooks. At least for my personal use and notes, if not for assignments.

" It's finally done !" Neville, though he looked close to tears, exclaimed in joy. Padma snorted at his expense.

"What ?! I seriously took ages " He said incredulously.

" Well, it did take a while, but ages is just stretching it, " Hermione said " It only took 2 hours after all "

" Only two hours ?" Hannah said. I bit the inside of my cheek in order to not burst out laughing. These kids siriously think that sitting still for two hours was a big thing. but then again they were just that ...kids, I on the other hand was a teenager preparing for UG. Studying for hours was my specialty.

"Calm down people," I said " And Susan how long will it take you, " I asked her.

" Just a minute " She mumbled while furiously scribing on her parchment.

I sighed and watched as my companions wearily looked at Susan, waiting for her to complete her note-making.

" I'm done " She announced, and cast a drying spell on her notes.

" So.....what next?"Padma asked.

"Chocolates!" I exclaimed joyously.

" Harry...We've just had chocolates" Hermione said, " Do you want to rot your teeth?" She asked in an admonishing tone. I pouted.

" I wouldn't mind some more chocolate," Hannah said shyly

" See Hermione I'm not the only one, and I do need my daily dose of sugar you know " I grinned while pulling out more chocolate frogs from my satchel.

" How many do you even have in there ?" Neville asked eyeing the chocolate frog that I'd handed him.

" You know the remaining lot from the train, "I said dismissively while handing out the treat to everyone.

" That's much " He skeptically. " Won't it go bad"

" Oh don't worry about it, I had someone put a preservation charm on them, " I said "Moreover I assure you I'll be halfway through them, even before the week's over"

" Harry !" Hermione exclaimed horrified " You'll get a tooth infection or even worse diabetes," She said eyeing the chocolate bar as if it was something disgusting " I can't imagine how you can eat so much sugar. My parents are dentists you know, they would have had an attack if they even heard of this"

" Err- I'm not sure I follow this conversation anymore," Hannah said and Neville nodded his head in agreement.

" Diabetes is a disease where the sugar level of your blood escalates, " Hermione said.

" It's glucose Hermione, Sugar's a polysaccharide, what they have in the blood is a broken-down form of sugar, a monosaccharide, "I said " But that's the basic idea anyway " I shrugged.

" How do you even know this stuff?" Hermione asked with a surprised tone.

" I want to become a doctor someday," I said simply.

" Again, I'm not sure I follow this conversation anymore, And what's a doctor?" Hannah asked.

" Yes, I agree with her. What is a dentist by the way? "Neville asked curiously.