ch.48.Unicorns

The next morning I publicly apologised to Professor Sprout inside the Hufflepuff common room and promised to get all the points I've lost back.

Many were doubt full, but encouraging.
My particular group of friends supported me through the scorn and jabs of some fellow Hufflepuffs and other houses who took to mocking me for making Hufflepuff lose its lead.

The taunts of these kids were nothing to a 15 year old like me. Or so I thought but in reality it hurt that some of my own house mates tried to bully me.

With more vigor than ever before I finally decided to pull a Hermione in classes and answer all the questions i could, put even more effort in potions and volunteer around in hopes of appearing the professors.

It was a blessing when prefects tonks and Cedric both came to my defence and fairly awarded me points whenever I protected a fellow Student from bullying and helped solve their doubts.

Come morning, a note lay tauntingly in front of me, well it was my decision and wish so I'll face the consequences.

Your detention will take place at eleven o'clock tonight. Meet Mr. Filch
in the entrance hall. The note read, I sighed recognising Mcgonagall handwriting.

Snape was going to be escatic!He was being unbearable shitty over Hufflepuffs recent win and was hence completely ignoring me in class. Well atleast he wasn't actively making my life living hell.

At eleven o'clock that night, we said good-bye to Susan in the common
room and went down to the entrance hall with Neville. Filch was already
there -- and so was Malfoy.

"Follow me," said Filch, lighting a lamp and leading us outside.

"I bet you'll think twice about breaking a school rule again, won't you,
eh?" he said, leering at us. "Oh yes... hard work and pain are the
best teachers if you ask me.... It's just a pity they let the old
punishments die out... hang you by your wrists from the ceiling for a
few days, I've got the chains still in my office, keep 'em well oiled in
case they're ever needed.... Right, off we go, and don't think of
running off, now, it'll be worse for you if you do."

I was surprised when i felt flinch grab a hold of my sleeve and push something into my pocket.

Before i could question it he pushed me forward and nudged me towards the other boys.

We marched off across the dark grounds. Neville kept sniffing. Either he was getting better at acting or this really scared him now.

The moon was bright, but clouds scudding across it kept threw us
into darkness.

Ahead, I could see the lighted windows of Hagrid'shut. Then we heard a distant shout.

"Is that you, Filch? Hurry up, I want ter get started."

I smiled at Hagrid, but flinch caught sight of it.

Filch said, "I suppose you think you'll be enjoying yourself with that
oaf? Well, think again, boy -- it's into the forest you're going and I'm
much mistaken if you'll all come out in one piece."

At this, Neville let out a little moan, and Malfoy stopped dead in his
tracks.

Neville hadn't believed me when I told him the detention would probably be in the forest.

"The forest?" he repeated, and he didn't sound quite as cool as usual.

"We can't go in there at night -- there's all sorts of things in there-- werewolves, I heard." Malfoy complained.

Neville clutched the sleeve of my robe and made a choking noise.

"That's your problem, isn't it?" said Filch, his voice cracking with
glee. "Should've thought of them werewolves before you got in trouble,
shouldn't you?"