Ch.19. Oh well, there's always next time.

Thursday,

After our study session and meeting with Hagrid, I was lounging in the Hufflepuff common room with Neville.

I was lazily reading the first volume of 

The Logic of Chemical Synthesis  

by Elias James Corey, Xue-min Cheng published by Wiley-Interscience

(Description: Describes the logic underlying the rational design of a complex.)

mainly the book talked about steps and reasons for synthesizing one chemical product from another. It consisted of three parts. the latest one the 3rd volume came out sometime in 1991 so will look for it during winter hols.

" Harry ?"Neville nudged me

" hmm?"

" You didn't tell me what happened after Mcgonagall came"

" one minute," I said finishing the paragraph and putting a bookmark.

" Soooo?" Neville asked

"well after Mcgonagall came..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Flashback........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"HARRY POTTER!" My heart sank faster than I'd just dived. I had forgotten about the Gryffindor professor. Professor McGonagall was running toward us.

I smiled at her weakly. Well Fuck.

"Never -- in all my time at Hogwarts --"  Professor McGonagall was almost speechless with shock, and her glassesflashed furiously like those of anime characters, my heart dropped further down from my stomach to my feet.

 "-- How dare you -- might have broken your neck --" she said her voice ringing in the silent crowd.

"It wasn't his fault, Professor --" someone from the Hufflepuff spoke in my defense.

" Be quiet Miss Abbot" she said sternly

"But Malfoy --" 

"That's enough, Miss Bones. Potter, follow me, now."

" Ok mam," I said as she rolled on her heels and marched towards the castle furiously.

I  saw Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle's triumphant faces as I left, walking numbly behind MCgoagall. I know I wasn't going to be expelled but I couldn't help but feel a little worried. I wanted tosay something to explain myself, but there was something wrongwith my voice I knew it WAS my fault though. 

calm down girl, think rationally.

So what if Mcgonagll was more likely to give me detention instead of putting up me for the team, I could always try out for the Puff team next year, yeah I was shameless, and detention wasn't something that scared me.