ch.16.Study group

ch.15 Study group

HER POV~

Seated at an adequate-sized corner table in the mighty and ancient library of Hogwarts, I stacked my pile of parchment consisting of my assignment and notes.

I was accompanied by Neville who was scribing extra notes on his essay.

I looked at my transfiguration essay written in fancy cursive.

Deciding to add a few extra points to my essay, I shuffled through my pile of parchments and copied the points written in straight and simple handwriting to my initial essay but in cursive.

" Hi harry " I gently kept down the fountain pen not wanting to make a mess

.

" Hi Hermione, I'm glad you could come," I said with a smile.

" Well... I did invite myself here" Annnnnnnnnd there it was a bout of insecurity and self-doubt in her speaking pattern.

" Oh don't mind it, Hermione, " I said dismissively " There will always be a place for you with me, " I told her gesturing towards the empty seat diagonal from me and next to Neville.

" But still and thank you for having me " I just smiled at her. She started unloading heavy-looking wads of parchment from her, definitely, enchanted bag.

" Where's Padma by the way," I asked noticing the lack of the only other Ravenclaw girl I knew.

" Oh she stopped by the griffindoor common room to catch up with her sister, she said she'll be here soon" I nodded and went back to my work.

It didn't take long for another distraction to come my way.

" Hello Heir Potter "

" Hi Harry"

" I smiled. Hello Heiress Bones, Hey Hannah " I smiled " Glad you could join us "

" NO, Thank you for having us," Hannah said. Susan just nodded.

" Don't mind it ladies and have a seat please" I said gesturing towards the empty seats on my table. The Table was big enough to hold 8 or so people comfortably, I had a reason to choose it of course.

" Hannah, Heiress Bones this is Hermione Granger from Ravenclaw I'm sure you have heard about her, " I said introducing them.

" Nice to meet you," Hermione said a bit conflicted at their appearance at our table.

" Hermione this is Heiress Hannah Abbot of the most Noble house of Abbots and Susan Bones, Heiress of the Most Noble and Ancient House of Bones," I said gesturing towards the Hupplepuff girls.

" Well meet Ganger," Susan said in a chipped tone,

" Well meet" Hannah chirped,

" I invited them to our little group to study, I hope you won't mind, " I asked her.

" Not at all I'm just happy more people are focusing on their studies " She smiled at the girls " And please call me Hermione "

" You can call me Hannah then "

" Susan will do " I absently noted that Susan hadn't permitted me to call her by her given name. I smirked inwardly...soon.

The puff Girls seated themselves on my right and while the Girls were unloading their assignments I lost myself in thoughts.

To defeat an enemy, it was essential to know their strengths and weaknesses. Hogwarts was one of Dumbledor's powerbase, here he had absolute power, Sure he had other chief positions such as chief Mgwump and Warlock but with those positions came restrictions of Law and open criticism. Those positions of his were what had inspired me to read about wizarding laws and politics, hence my earlier knowledge of laws regarding Magical Child Safety.