ch.49.sideeffects of being a dear.

"Harry! Harry, are you all right?"

Neville was running toward us down the path, Hagrid puffing along behind him.

"I'm fine," I said, hardly knowing what I was saying. The shock and adrenaline from the events was gradually wearing off.

"The unicorn's gone tho,I healed him little"I said almost sounding sad.

"This is where I leave you," Firenze murmured as Hagrid hurried off to
examine the silvery pool of blood.

"Good luck, Harry Potter," said Firenze.

"The planets have been read
wrongly before now, even by centaurs. I hope this is one of those
times."

He turned and cantered back into the depths of the forest along with his cadets.

"You'll find the unicorn and see if it's fine?" I questioned Hagrid as he got back up.

"Yeh don't ev'en need ta ask"

Hagrid then processed to lead us all back to the castle.

"Malfoy" I whispered with a cold look in my eyes, i didn't know what had gotten into him after Christmas.

He's been trying to sabotage my potions,bully Neville (I almost hexed him for it)  and been a over all prat.

"Look, I usually don't hurt children and have a big patience moreover I'm not aware of your circumstances but I'll greatly appreciate it greatly if you can cease your relentless attacks on me and my friends.I think you are smart enough to know that I don't have any qualms against using dangerous Spells, No?" I said coldly

"What-are you threatening me potter"

"Threatening? I'm just warning you out of my soft spot for kids

"You speak as if you are any older than I am!your probably the youngest one of our batch this year!" He whispered fursiously

"Does that matter when I can fry your brains and just pin it on a failed spell from your trolllish lakeys?"

"How dare you-" He ground out his teeth and i leaned near his ear putting a supportive hand on his shoulder.

"I don't judge people by face and name value Draco.Your deeds are what I will appraise in my head so use your head wisely,actions speak louder than words." i said gesturing toward my bloodies clothes as if to this were my actions, my stance.

"Don't even think for a moment that I won't find a way to frame Vincent or Goyle just because I'm a Hufflepuff"

I leaned back taking hold of Neville's arm as we got close to the castle gates.

"I'll be pleased to negotiate aggreable terms with you so that we may start anew and bury any skeletons that might haunt us."

"Meet us at the lower part of South court,sharp 9 evening tomorrow, Alone" Neville said, I'm very glad I had explained and discussed things with him. My blood brother was proving to be very useful.

We didn't wait for Draco's answer and strode back to the Hufflepuff common as soon as possible.

"All that's Unicorn blood, harry?" Neville asked now that we were free of evasdropping malfoys and blabbermouth Hagrid's.

"Yeah" I nodded shakily suddenly feeling faint.I was every thankful that I was still clutching Neville's arm.My head has been killing me since that damned Quirrelmort charged at me and I was exhausted, physically, mentally and magically.

"Will it live?"Neville asked and i couldn't help but smile.

"Yeah, well it seemed like it would, i mean errm i hope it does". I tripped over my words as my vision blacked.