❨ 004 ❩

୨ ♡ ୧

୨ ♡ ୧

It was a long week. Devon still struggled a bit to adapt to a completely different lifestyle than he was used to, where he received shouts and blows from his father every day. But he really tried. In fact, everyone was trying. Charlie and Amy wanted to adapt to Devon and make him feel comfortable, and Devon, in turn, tried to adapt to the lifestyle of people he hadn't known until a week ago.

And everything seemed to be going more or less well, although, of course, he had only been there for a week. It wasn't easy for any of them because the atmosphere still felt very uncomfortable, and no one knew how to start a conversation without making it awkward.

It was on Friday in his chemistry class that he felt he had had enough and just wanted to go home and sleep all day. However, to his surprise, the boy he had collided with on Monday sat next to him. He was an easily memorable guy for how handsome he was.

Angela had told him his name was Edward, and apparently, he was very popular, just like his siblings. The Cullen siblings. Although they were very peculiar and didn't really socialize with many people. Which, according to Jessica's words, made them mysterious, fascinating, and much more desirable.

Devon glanced at him quickly and laid his head back on the desk to rest while the teacher appeared. Edward was very strange, and at that moment, Devon didn't feel like talking to anyone. The pain in his face was still quite strong, and the worst part was that he had forgotten his painkillers at home, so he would have to endure the pain all day.

"Are you Devon, right?" he heard the voice of the guy next to him, and he stood up to look at him again.

"The same. You're Edward, right?"

The named guy smiled a bit.

"The same," he replied in the same way.

Devon looked at him more closely; before, he had only seen him quickly, but Edward indeed had a beautiful face.

"How was your first week in Forks?" Edward asked, and Devon couldn't help but frown.

The conversation felt very strange. Very sudden. It felt like Edward knew something he didn't, and it scared him a bit. Besides, he spoke to him as if they were friends for a long time, which was even stranger.

"I guess it's fine. There's not much to say."

Edward nodded. He also didn't quite understand why he wanted to keep talking to Devon, but for some reason, he wanted to keep hearing his voice, wanted to have his attention a bit longer. Was that normal? It had never happened to him before. He had always avoided any kind of conversation with people.

"Where are you from?" Edward kept insisting.

Devon let out a short sigh of surrender and accepted that he would have a small conversation with Edward.