❨ 031 ❩

୨ ♡ ୧

୨ ♡ ୧

Devon woke up from a pleasant dream, and the first thing he saw upon opening his eyes was Edward getting ready, as if he were going somewhere. Devon settled on the bed and watched every move of Edward.

"Are you going out?" he finally asked.

Edward turned to look at him with a small smile but continued buttoning his shirt.

"In fact, you and I are going out," he said, adjusting his shirt collar. "We're having a date."

Devon looked at him with a furrowed brow.

"A date? Why?"

Edward sat on the edge of the bed and leaned in to steal a quick kiss from Devon. Devon displayed a big smile at the gesture, but they only separated for a moment when Devon took Edward by the nape to bring him closer and gave him a much deeper kiss, which Cullen gladly accepted. It was still a bit strange for Edward, all this new relationship stuff, but he was starting to get used to it. And he liked it. After separating, both fell back onto the bed, looking at each other.

"I owed you a date if I remember correctly. I just thought it would be a good time," Edward explained.

Devon nodded with a smile.

"Alright, let's have a date."

Edward stood up with a quick jump and without saying a word, headed to the bathroom. However, he returned after only a couple of seconds with a gift box in his hands. He approached the bed, took a seat, and handed the gift to Devon. Devon felt even more confused than a moment ago.

"And this?"

"A gift," Edward stated the obvious.

Devon rolled his eyes.

"I know it's a gift. I just... why?"

"Can't I give you gifts?"

"You're impossible, Cullen."

Edward didn't say anything, but his expression seemed a bit more serious.

"I know I'm not good at these things. I've never had a relationship before, except with Bella, which didn't last long... but I'm really trying with this, and if there's anything you don't like or that bothers you, I want you to tell me," he paused for a moment, "I'm not good at expressing my feelings, and I'm not into cheesy stuff, but I promise to tell you everything I think."

Devon sat up and threw himself into a tight hug around Edward.

"Don't worry, Edward," he murmured without letting go, "I understand perfectly that this is new and different for you, and that's okay. I don't want you to feel pressured in any way, and I don't want you to do anything you don't want or feel comfortable with. I promise I'll tell you everything, so don't worry."