❨ 007 ❩

୨ ♡ ୧

୨ ♡ ୧

When Monday arrived, Devon left with Bella in her truck. The girl seemed very nervous and somewhat distrustful, so Devon offered to keep her company for the first few days, and she gladly agreed. She didn't want to be alone and feel even more like an outsider than she already did.

Devon accompanied her to complete all the necessary paperwork, just as he had done when he arrived. After passing by the faculty parking lot, they headed to the student parking lot where Bella parked her truck. She mentally prepared herself for all those curious glances.

Devon stood by her side, serving as some kind of shield, and they entered the building together. Bella took out her class schedule to check where she needed to go first and was about to tell Devon when she felt someone standing next to her.

"You're Isabella Swan," Eric's voice was clear to Devon as he turned to look at him, his brow furrowed with a hint of amusement. Bella cast a quick pleading look at Devon.

"Hello, I'm Eric, the eyes and ears of this place. Whatever you need, anything at all, you can find me," Eric spoke rapidly.

"Bella," she quickly corrected him, looking back at Devon. Eric finally noticed Devon's presence.

"Oh, Devon, my friend. I see you've met my friend Bella."

Devon furrowed his brow even more but looked at Eric with some amusement. "Eric, Bella and I live in the same house," he reminded him.

It took Eric a full minute to process those words before he remembered.

"Oh, right. I'm sorry," he looked back at Bella, "By the way, you'll be a great feature. I write for the newspaper, and we'll put you on the front page."

Bella seemed alarmed, while Devon tried to stifle a laugh.

"Oh, no. Please, don't do that," she pleaded.

Eric quickly picked up on the girl's discomfort. "Alright, no article. Don't worry, calm down."

"Thank you," she looked at Devon again, seeking help.

"Very well," Devon stepped forward and cleared his throat. "Well, I'll take Bella to her first class, Eric. See you at lunch?"

"Yeah, sure."

Bella hurriedly walked alongside Devon, letting out a sigh of relief.

"That was very awkward," the girl murmured, and Devon let out a laugh.

"Well, at least they seem to like you. When I arrived, many avoided me because I scared them a bit."

Bella furrowed her brow, slightly amused. "How could you scare them?"

He shrugged. "I had half of my face bruised, so I guess that was a significant factor. Let me see your schedule."

Isabella handed it to him, and they walked a few steps in silence until Devon returned the paper.