❨ 014 ❩

୨ ♡ ୧

୨ ♡ ୧

Edward's four siblings arrived at the crime scene. At that moment, no one said anything. Emmett and Rosalie took care of disposing of the bodies, while Alice and Jasper got rid of any remaining evidence. Meanwhile, Edward headed to the Cullen residence with an unconscious Devon, where Esme was waiting for them.

Edward was in Carlisle's study, arms crossed, and sitting on the edge of the desk. Any feelings of anger or rage had dissipated a while ago, and now he could think with a completely clear head.

He wasn't regretful of his decision, but he did feel a bit uncertain about what Devon might think or feel towards him when he woke up.

Esme and Emmett stayed with him, promising to clean him up from the blood and provide him with fresh, clean clothes. Jasper went to find Devon's motorcycle to prevent any of the boy's relatives from seeing it at the crime scene.

The study door opened, but Edward kept his gaze on the floor, knowing who was entering. First came Rosalie, followed by Alice, and finally Carlisle. Alice seemed a bit sad or rather concerned about her brother's state. Rosalie, though understanding her brother, still thought that transforming that boy was a very bad idea, and Carlisle had blind faith in his adoptive son's choice, ready to support him unconditionally. However, in that moment, Carlisle was a bit annoyed.

"Have you talked to Isabella?" Rosalie asked. Edward shook his head.

"Not yet. I don't think she'll take the news very well."

"But we need someone to tell Devon's mother and Sheriff Swan some excuse as to why their son won't be coming home today and probably for the rest of his life."

"I know. I'll talk to her later."

Rosalie rolled her eyes with some annoyance. "Great. We just arrived, and we'll have to leave already."

"We could stay a bit longer if we manage to make Devon act like a normal human," Alice suggested. "I had a vision. It was Devon as a vampire, living with his family. It won't be easy, but we could achieve it. Besides, it's easier to get him used to animal blood and control all his instincts from now on. If he gets used to animal blood and controls his instincts, we might succeed."

"You can't force him to have a diet just because you think it's right," Rosalie told her. "What if he prefers to eat humans instead of animals? What if he doesn't even want to be a vampire like us?"

There was a short silence, and everyone looked at Carlisle, who had been silent all this time.

"Edward, I understand that you did it to protect that boy, but you shouldn't have killed those four men in that way. Do you know the danger you put us in? The danger you put Devon in? If someone had seen them, it would have been a terrible catastrophe."

"I'm sorry," Edward murmured. "I was very angry about everything that happened, and I really didn't think about the consequences. I saw how they hurt Devon, and I... it was just instinct."