❨ 015 ❩

୨ ♡ ୧

୨ ♡ ୧

Devon sat in one of the armchairs in the main room of the Cullen house. His eyes were closed while the other Cullens surrounded him, trying to explain the situation.

They started with the cause of his death, then Edward's decision to save him from dying. Obviously, Edward chose not to let him die. They also told him about those three days when he was unconscious, screaming in pain during the transformation. Devon vaguely remembered it, recalling a bit of pain, but perhaps he was already used to it and didn't feel it as strongly. They told him everything until the moment he woke up.

Devon felt strange. Dazed. He wanted to understand what was happening, but he wasn't really sure if what was going on was real. He thought maybe he was having a strange dream, but he still remembered leaving school after his first class because he just didn't feel quite right. He wanted to go for a walk and clear his mind.

His head was a bit dizzy, and he preferred to skip his classes for a stroll. He had stopped at a store to buy something to drink, but he hadn't even entered when someone grabbed him from behind and started beating him. He had recognized those guys from the previous time they had been harassing those girls. It was probably some kind of revenge, but Devon couldn't defend himself because two of them held his arms tightly, while the other two beat him fiercely.

At some point, he had stopped feeling pain as he was about to pass out when one of the guys pulled out a knife and stabbed him. That's when the pain returned, and it was also the moment Edward appeared with eyes radiating intense fury.

The rest was history, and he didn't remember exactly what happened while he slept.

"You wouldn't stop screaming from the pain," Alice had told him. "It really seemed like you were suffering a lot, but it's normal. It's because of the venom."

Devon hadn't said a word since they asked him to take a seat on that chair. He had listened attentively, looking at each one while they spoke, and even when there was nothing more to say, Devon remained silent.

He was in shock, and he had no idea how to react or what exactly he should do. Everything was so unreal, and it had happened so suddenly that he couldn't grasp it.

"Vampires..." he murmured and then burst into laughter. "It's more believable to say that I'm dead, and this is some kind of dream while I'm between life and death in the real world."

But the looks of everyone around him told him that it wasn't that way. That it wasn't a joke, and they understood why he felt that way.

It was Rosalie who approached Devon, taking a seat beside him and placing a hand on his shoulder gently. Her blonde eyes were soft and understanding.

"Devon... I understand that this is difficult to assimilate. We all took it in different ways, but it's real. The supernatural world is real," she explained calmly. "We are not the only creatures that exist."