❨ 011 ❩

୨ ♡ ୧

୨ ♡ ୧

A week passed, and Friday arrived again. Devon was in the cafeteria sitting with Angela. Jessica hadn't stopped telling everyone that she would go to the dance with Mike, which relieved Devon because Jessica had stopped dropping thousands of hints for him to invite her.

"Devon, would you like to go to La Push with us tomorrow?" Angela asked, and Devon took a bite of his apple.

"La Push?" he asked, confused. "Is it a bar?"

"It's a beach on the reservation," Mike told him. "We're going surfing."

"We'd love for you to come with us," Jessica added with a big smile. "It'll be fun."

"Sorry, guys. Maybe next time," he sighed a bit. "Tomorrow, I have to go to the hospital to find out if I still need to wear the bandage or if I can take it off. Also, I'm going to the garage to have my motorcycle checked to make sure I can keep using it without a problem."

"Okay," Jessica murmured with some sadness. "But next time, you'll come with us."

"Of course."

Jessica cleared her throat, and Devon looked at her.

"Do you already know who you're going to invite to the dance?" she asked with excitement.

Everyone looked at Devon, expecting his response. It wasn't a secret that he had become quite popular among the girls. However, no one had seen Devon kissing all those guys at the party last week, so everyone was still unaware of his preferences.

"Well, I don't plan on going," Angela and Jessica protested with a long sigh of disappointment. "Besides, it seems like none of you have noticed, but it's only fair to tell you that I actually don't like girls," everyone looked confused, and Devon almost laughed. "I like guys," he clarified.

Everyone seemed surprised, although Jessica seemed more disappointed. On the other hand, Angela placed a hand on her friend's shoulder while smiling.

"Thanks for trusting us, Devon," she said, giving him a gentle squeeze.

"Thank God," Mike muttered, and everyone looked at him with furrowed brows. "What? It's not a surprise that Devon was a threat among guys. Now, I feel better knowing he's not competition. Nothing personal, friend. I liked you from the beginning."

Devon burst into laughter, and the atmosphere relaxed again. Eric started telling a strange story, with Mike interrupting him every minute to make a silly comment.

However, it didn't take long for Bella to appear with a small smile, taking a seat next to Jessica. Eric was the first to invite her to the beach, and she accepted. Bella headed to the food counter while the others continued chatting. Then, they saw Edward Cullen approaching Bella, and everyone seemed stunned.

Devon stared at them from his place. When had they become so close? Why did he feel upset about it? He preferred to ignore it and continue enjoying his food and the small talk. He had vague memories of the party where Edward appeared, but nothing was clear in his head.