❨ 019 ❩

୨ ♡ ୧

୨ ♡ ୧

A couple of days had passed. Devon still hadn't fully adjusted to his new life. Everything felt strange and different, even though the only one who had changed was him. He could be close to his classmates almost without problems, but it was challenging when someone accidentally cut themselves or got hurt playing, and there was a bit of blood. The smell reached him immediately, and he had to hold onto something to avoid attacking directly. All the Cullens were of great help, but Ronan, especially, assisted Devon when he felt like he was about to lose control.

However, the idea of not being like his father was what kept Devon grounded the most. He simply felt that losing control was equal to following in his father's footsteps, and that was the last thing in the world he wanted.

Devon was leaving his last class and heading to his locker to put away some things, but as soon as he opened the small door, he felt someone wrap their arms around his shoulders. He smiled, knowing it was Ronan.

"Let's go out tonight," Ronan said, not breaking eye contact. His face was very close to Devon's.

Devon furrowed his brow for a moment and moved his face away from Ronan with his hand. Ronan stuck out his tongue, playfully licking Devon, who protested with amusement, wiping his hand on Ronan's shirt.

"Go out where?" Devon asked.

Ronan shrugged. "I don't know. To the movies, a restaurant, anywhere. I just feel like going out."

Devon finished storing his things and closed the locker, now looking at Ronan. The hallway was crowded with students rushing to put their things away to finally go home.

"And do you mean going out just the two of us, or with the others?" Devon inquired.

There was a brief moment of silence as Ronan considered it.

"Either option is fine. In the end, I'll have you all to myself by the end of the night anyway."

Devon rolled his eyes but laughed when Ronan hugged him again and nuzzled his cheek.

"Don't even get your hopes up, Denali," they began walking. Ronan didn't let go of Devon. "But I'll ask the others if they want to go out."

"I'll message Angela to ask," Devon said, taking out his phone.

"I'll tell Edward," Alice chimed in, already having her phone out. Devon refrained from giving her a strong look and focused on finding Angela's contact.

It's not that he didn't want her to come, but the atmosphere became a bit uncomfortable when they were in the same room. In fact, it was a bit strange to have to work together on chemistry every Friday.

An hour and a half later, Devon, Ronan, Angela, Eric, Mike, Jessica, Alice, Jasper, Bella, and Edward were outside the cinema. Alice had gone with Jasper to buy tickets.