❨ 034 ❩

୨ ♡ ୧

୨ ♡ ୧

Returning to Forks was strange. Devon thought it would be much longer before he returned to that place, but it wasn't something he disliked at all. He was happy to see his mother and Charlie again, and he was eager to know how Bella was doing. He was still a bit worried about her and wanted to make sure she was really okay.

He hadn't traveled the world as Edward had claimed, but there would be more time for that in the future, that was for sure.

The first place they visited was the Cullen residence, where Esme, Carlisle, Rosalie, Emmett, and Jasper were already putting everything back in its place.

Devon couldn't be happier to see his motorcycle again. He had missed it so much, and now he could finally go out with it again.

The next place Devon went to was his old home. He hadn't announced that he would be back, so it would probably take everyone by surprise. And it did.

He rang the doorbell and patiently waited for someone to open the door. He knew his mother and Charlie were at home because it was Sunday, and neither of them worked that day. Besides, he could detect their scent from the entrance.

The door opened, revealing a very surprised Amy before she got excited and hugged her son.

"Darling, I'm so glad to see you," she said, pressing him against her body, "you should have let me know you were coming, and I would have prepared your favorites."

Devon smiled, genuinely enjoying his mother's warmth.

"I'm sorry. It was quite sudden," he cleared his throat and looked behind him, where Edward was leaning against his car.

Amy frowned. After leaving Bella suffering months ago, she had decided that she didn't like him. However, she was surprised to see him with Devon. Although it wasn't hard to put two and two together, she didn't say anything about it at that moment.

The woman nodded and gave Edward a polite smile, but her displeasure was evident.

"Do you want to come in? It seems like you have a lot to catch up on."

Devon nodded and looked at Edward, tilting his head slightly to indicate that he should come closer. The three entered the house and headed to the living room, where Charlie was watching a game on TV.

"Who was it?" he asked without taking his eyes off the screen, taking a sip from his beer can. However, he didn't get an answer and looked back to find Devon.

At first, he was surprised and could hardly believe it, but he quickly stood up with joy and hugged the boy.

"I'm glad you're back, Devon," he said, pulling away, "how was it?" But his gaze shifted to Edward, and he frowned in annoyance, "What is he doing here?"