❨ 032 ❩

୨ ♡ ୧

୨ ♡ ୧

—Now where are we heading? —Devon asked as he got into the truck.

Edward, looking more energetic and happy, flashed a smile at Devon while tossing a suitcase onto the back seats.

"I want you to meet some people," he said, "we're going to Alaska. That's where the Denalis are."

Devon furrowed his brow. It seemed a bit suspicious that he suddenly wanted to go exactly where his brother probably was.

"Isn't that where Ronan is?"

Edward shrugged.

"Yeah, that's right."

Devon almost rolled his eyes but instead, he gave a strange smile. It was a bit awkward, but he preferred not to think too much about it.

"Do you want to show him the photos I took of you?" he raised and lowered his eyebrows a couple of times, "or maybe you want to show him the pretty rings we share," Devon extended his hand, showcasing the beautiful ring on his finger.

If it were possible, Edward would have blushed from head to toe. However, he threw a jacket at Devon's head instead.

"No way would I let anyone else see them. And it's not like I flaunt my hands in everyone's face. Anyway, Carlisle asked me to pick up some things for them. They could have gone, but we're closer, and I really want you to meet them."

Devon adjusted the jacket on his lap, revealing a smile, and fastened his seatbelt.

"Sure, sarcastically murmured."

The journey began; it would be around nine hours, but they had gotten used to traveling together without getting bored. Besides, Devon took some landscape photos and sang loudly to the radio songs while Edward simply laughed at him.

If Devon were honest with himself... he liked it all. He liked the bond and closeness that had formed with Edward, and he didn't want it to end ever.

They arrived almost at dusk. The Denali house was large and beautiful but in the middle of nowhere. At least, that's what Devon noticed; he hadn't seen any houses nearby, similar to the Cullens and their house in Forks. They parked next to a black Jeep, and as soon as they got out, several people were waiting for them. Devon didn't know anyone personally, but he had heard their names thanks to Ronan. Also, Edward had told him a bit about them during the trip. He let Edward walk ahead, following closely and waiting patiently for them to greet each other.

Devon was surprised that they really seemed like distant relatives. Although it's not like he had met many vampires other than the Cullens and the nomads who had tried to kill Bella.

After a short greeting and some hugs, Edward placed a hand on Devon's back and made him approach the family.

"He is Devon," he introduced, "Carlisle probably told you about him. Devon, meet Eleazar, Carmen, Kate, Tanya, and Irina," he pointed to each one.