❨ 010 ❩

୨ ♡ ୧

୨ ♡ ୧

Devon was in the cafeteria, having his lunch at his usual table. Everyone was talking at the same time, but it was quite amusing to listen to them. He had grown somewhat accustomed to all of them, and they seemed to like him. For the first time, he felt like he had friends. Maybe they weren't super close, but it felt good to have people to share silly things, tell jokes, or hang out with.

Everyone burst into laughter, except for Bella, after Eric shared the story of the fishing trip with his father, ending up in the river. Mike approached with a big smile, holding a bunch of leaves in his arms, which he dropped on the table. Everyone looked at him curiously for a moment.

"Hey, guys," he took a seat next to Eric, "I finally printed the invitations, so I hope everyone will come." He handed a sheet to each one of them. "It's going to be an amazing party."

Devon looked at the invitation for a moment when Mike handed him one. It was simple and, he would dare to say, ugly, but it served its purpose. He had been hearing about Mike's party in every class he attended, but honestly, he didn't expect it to be something spectacular, although he was excited to go.

Mike said something more, but Devon wasn't paying attention. He noticed Mike leaving and continuing to distribute invitations to everyone, except the Cullens. Maybe he was just too embarrassed to give them an invitation because it seemed like he wanted to go with one of them but then changed his mind. Devon couldn't help but find the situation amusing.

From his seat, he watched as one of the Cullen girls, Alice, approached Mike to ask what he was handing out. Mike couldn't say anything while a deep shade of red covered his face, and he handed a sheet to Alice.

"Of course, we'll go!" Devon heard her say with great joy. He smiled to himself, not stopping to watch the amusing scene.

Mike stood frozen in place for a while, assimilating what had happened. When he processed the situation, he continued on his way, distributing invitations to everyone. It was quite funny since Mike always said that Alice was very strange, but at that moment, he seemed enchanted or fascinated that the girl had spoken to him.

Devon looked at the invitation again while the others now began to talk about the party, asking if they would go, what they would wear, and what time they would arrive.

"You're going, right, Devon?" Jessica asked, and he looked up to meet her gaze. She seemed very excited to hear his answer. But not only her, everyone seemed expectant for his words.

Devon revealed a small smile as he nodded.

"Of course, I am."

"And you, Bella?" Eric asked this time.

Bella shifted uncomfortably in her seat under the sudden attention she began to receive.

"Uhmmm... I don't think so. I'm not a big fan of parties," she said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, "plus, I have a pending book, and I'd like to finish it this weekend."