❨ 009 ❩

୨ ♡ ୧

୨ ♡ ୧

Not much time passed, but Devon felt it like an eternity. There were many people around him, making him feel suffocated. However, a pair of golden eyes he managed to observe in the crowd helped him feel calm in a way he couldn't explain. Despite wearing a helmet, those eyes were more intense, as if they could penetrate the small glass.

Devon heard the distant sound of ambulances and several students shouting to direct them to the injured. At one point, someone asked the students to move away so they could transport the injured.

Four paramedics approached Devon and carefully lifted him onto a stretcher to take him to the ambulance. In the ambulance, they removed his helmet carefully and began examining him. The pain was quite bearable, but he preferred not to feel it at all.

"Where does it hurt?" asked one of the paramedics kindly.

"My shoulder, it hurts a lot," he complained a bit while explaining. With his healthy arm, he held onto the one that hurt.

Another paramedic examined him carefully, cutting the garment with scissors to avoid moving him and get a better view of the injury. Devon didn't have time to complain because they ruined one of his favorite shirts.

"He has a dislocated shoulder," mentioned the paramedic.

"Are you Devon, right?" the first paramedic asked, but Devon just nodded. "Devon, I'll fix your shoulder, but it might hurt a bit, okay? I need you to count from one to five."

He looked in pain at the man but nodded. The man helped him sit up, and with the help of another, he adjusted Devon's shoulder.

"One..." and he didn't reach two when he heard a loud crack.

"That's it," said the first paramedic. "Now rest again, and when you get to the hospital, they'll put a bandage on, and you'll be as good as new."

Devon actually felt much better after that and patiently waited to reach the hospital. They took him out of the ambulance on the stretcher and brought him to the emergency room, where Bella and Tyler appeared shortly after. Bella didn't know that Devon had also been injured in the accident, so she worried when she saw him and, without caring about anything, sat beside him.

"Devon, are you okay?" she asked alarmed. She furrowed her brow, and Devon almost thought Bella was more angry than worried.

He smiled. "I'm better now. I dislocated my shoulder, but they fixed it."

"Guys, I'm really sorry," they heard Tyler almost shouting while a nurse examined him.

Both guys looked at him with a small smile. Tyler seemed to be the more agitated one.

"Are you okay?" Devon hadn't noticed that Bella had been caught in the middle of the accident.

The girl nodded. "I'm perfectly fine. In fact, Edward Cullen saved me from being crushed by Tyler's truck."