❨ 016 ❩

୨ ♡ ୧

୨ ♡ ୧

Devon listened attentively to Alice as she explained the plan she had in mind. She handed him contact lenses of the same color as the boy's eyes before they turned red and told him that although it would be challenging at first, he had to control his strength and speed.

Devon carefully absorbed every word from Alice. He had to remember to pretend to breathe, blink, not walk with such a straight posture, be cautious with his great strength, and walk slowly.

It didn't seem too complicated, or at least that's what Devon thought. Additionally, Alice, Emmett, and Edward would stay outside for a while in case things got complicated, and Devon preferred to leave. They would be there to support him no matter what.

The car stopped in front of the house, and Devon opened the door to step out while keeping his hands in his jacket pockets. He could feel the cold air, but he didn't actually feel cold.

He looked at the other three before walking towards the house and opening the door as he always did. The scent of his mother and Bella reached his nostrils. He could identify each of them, and the need to... take their blood completely invaded him.

He brought his hand to his mouth and nose in a foolish attempt to avoid sniffing them, but it didn't work. He tried to focus on anything else. He didn't want to harm his family. He didn't want to be like his father, hurting people he was supposed to love. He didn't want to be like him in any way. He wasn't a monster. He refused to think otherwise.

He tried to sigh, more out of habit than necessity, and a big smile appeared on his face as he continued walking, but he didn't stop to see where Bella and his mother were.

"I'm home!" he announced as he rushed upstairs.

"Dinner will be ready in half an hour," his mother's voice echoed from downstairs.

"I ate before coming," he shouted from the top of the stairs before entering his room.

"Alright. Then Bella and I will have dinner alone. Charlie has work late because of a case."

"Fine."

And without any further exchange of words, Devon entered his room and collapsed on his bed. However, he wasn't surprised when Edward appeared in front of him. Devon remained with his eyes closed as he tried to relax. His head was spinning, and he somehow felt nauseous. Maybe it was just the sensation because he was pretty sure he couldn't vomit.

"That was well done," Edward said, taking something out of his pocket. It was Devon's phone, which he quickly handed over.

"Thanks," the boy muttered, taking the device in his hands.

"Devon..."

"I want to be alone," he interrupted, looking him in the eyes.

Edward said nothing for a long moment, but he finally nodded.