❨ 017 ❩

୨ ♡ ୧

୨ ♡ ୧

Ronan arrived at the Cullen residence shortly after three in the morning. Having gone hunting and taken a long walk to familiarize himself with the area. As he entered the house, the first thing he saw was Edward, sitting at the piano bench, staring fixedly at the keys.

Ronan could tell that Edward was completely absorbed in his thoughts, which was unusual for him. Ronan was about to walk past, but his brother's voice reached his ears.

"Esme prepared your room," Edward spoke without looking up. "Well, she just removed the sheets from your furniture and dusted it off."

"Thanks," Ronan muttered and continued walking.

Edward clenched his fists tightly and turned to look at Ronan, even though he only saw his back.

"Don't get close to Devon," Edward's voice echoed once again when Ronan was halfway up the stairs. A sly smile appeared on Ronan's face, even though no one else could see it.

"And why exactly would I listen to you, Eddy? I understand you have a girlfriend," he shrugged. The moonlight illuminated Ronan's handsome face through the large window in front of him. "Besides, I'm quite intrigued by that pretty boy. But anyway, Devon is the only one who will decide if he wants me around or not."

Edward summoned all his courage to avoid growling.

"I'm warning you," Edward stood up.

Ronan looked at him over his shoulder, and the two boys engaged in a silent challenge for a moment.

"Your problem, Edward... is that you always want to have the last word and think you can manipulate people to your liking. I'm quite intrigued to see how things will unfold from now on."

Ronan continued on his way.

🥀

The next morning, the doorbell of the Swan house resonated through every room. Devon was still in his room, preferring to skip breakfast and, in general, avoid meeting his family a little longer. He used the excuse that he still had a lot of work to do and would head to school early to buy something on the way.

"Devon!" his mother's voice echoed from downstairs. "Someone is looking for you."

Devon furrowed his brow in confusion. Who could be looking for him so early? He had told the Cullens that he would call them in case of any problems.

He hurried to finish tying his sneakers and descended the stairs quickly. He was halfway down when he heard his mother's laughter, and he recognized the other voice. The scent still seemed unfamiliar to him, so he hadn't identified it easily.

He joined his mother and gave a smile to Ronan.

"Hello," greeted the newcomer. "I'm sorry for arriving so early, but I thought we could go to school together. I didn't have your number, so I couldn't call to ask beforehand."