❨ 013 ❩

୨ ♡ ୧

୨ ♡ ୧

Edward skidded to a stop at the supermarket where Devon had fought with those guys the other time. Last time, there were five of them, and this time there were four, but they clearly had the upper hand. They must have caught Devon off guard.

Two of them were holding Devon's arms while the other two were beating him relentlessly. Devon seemed almost unconscious, blood streaming from his nose and mouth, his breathing labored. One of the guys beating him had a knife in his hand, now stained with blood.

Cullen stepped out of his car, slamming the door, and walked quickly with anger-filled eyes toward the alley. At this point, he didn't care about anything. With his vampire strength, he swiftly dealt with the four attackers. He couldn't control the intense fury coursing through his body. He didn't hesitate as he used all his strength to strike one of the guys and sank his fangs into another with the clear intention of killing them all.

Devon felt dizzy and sore, but he could clearly see what was happening, and fear replaced the pain. Edward had killed those four guys in less than a minute.

Who the hell was Edward Cullen?

When Edward felt the rage dissipate from his body, he approached Devon, who was on the ground bathed in blood, but there was a wound in his abdomen, from which blood was gushing. He quickly realized that he didn't have the urge to drink his blood. Instead, he was desperate about Devon's condition. However, he noticed that Devon's eyes reflected great terror—terror toward him.

"Stay away," Devon murmured, but blood came out of his mouth, making his words almost unintelligible.

Edward raised both hands to show that he wouldn't harm him, but he remained kneeling beside him, looking at the gushing blood and the difficulty Devon had in breathing. He needed to help him before he bled out.

"Devon, we need to go to the hospital, let me take you."

But Devon shook his head as he clutched his abdomen with decreasing strength.

"You're injured," Edward stated the obvious, "just let me help you."

But all Devon could notice was Edward's red eyes and blood trickling from the corners of his lips.

"What the hell are you?" he managed to murmur, trying to move away from Cullen as much as possible in his condition.

Edward wiped the blood from his mouth and looked at Devon with concern, almost as if he wanted to cry, though it was impossible in his condition.

"I promise I'll explain everything, but let me take you to the hospital."

"Tell me," although weak and in pain, his voice came out firm and insistent.

Edward laughed bitterly, "A monster. I'm not going to argue with you about it here."

Despite Devon's protests, Edward lifted his shirt slightly to check the severity of his wound. If he were human, his hands would probably have started trembling. He began applying pressure to the wound while taking his phone out of his pocket and calling Carlisle.