❨ 021 ❩

୨ ♡ ୧

୨ ♡ ୧

For Devon, it was strange not to have that feeling of wanting to sleep. He could do it, but it was something he no longer needed because he didn't feel tired. He also didn't feel hunger (for regular food), although he could keep eating without any problem. The only thing he truly felt was thirst, specifically for blood, although having become accustomed to animal blood, everything seemed simpler. Perhaps it was his noble essence from when he was still alive; yes, he fought and got into trouble, but it was never for something truly "bad." It was always to defend the people he loved, and he couldn't harm anyone who hadn't done something wrong.

Nevertheless, everything still felt very strange, and he continued discovering things about being a vampire that he couldn't comprehend at first. Although he knew that there were still many things to discover.

On that Saturday, baseball day, Devon didn't sleep all night but stayed staring at the ceiling of his room as if it were the most interesting thing in the world. Ronan had said that he could stay and keep him company whenever he needed, but Devon had to ask him to go home.

He wasn't sure that neither of them could control themselves being so close and intimate for a long time, and even though it was something both of them wanted with some desperation, it definitely wasn't going to happen when Devon knew his family was at home.

At a reasonable hour on Saturday, he got out of bed and went to take a bath. It wasn't really necessary because he no longer sweated and didn't have any bad odor, but he did it out of habit and to waste a little time on something. He chose casual and sporty clothes and went back to his room to lie down for a while until his mother called him for breakfast with Charlie and Bella.

With the latter, he hadn't had any conversation about what was happening, and he wasn't sure if that was good or not, but he didn't care much. After all, Bella seemed to be quite... peculiar. Since he was transformed, she almost seemed to hate him. He wasn't really sure, but it felt that way.

After breakfast, everyone went about their business. The game would be in the afternoon, so they still had to wait. Charlie sat at the table with a beer and his guns to clean them, Amy decided she wanted to rest and sat on the couch with a bowl of chips to watch a police series, Bella was in her room back and forth unable to decide what to wear for the day, and Devon kept his mother company on the sofa, although he wasn't paying attention to the TV. He was just thinking about what would happen next.

He had talked a little with the Cullens, but Devon still couldn't fully accept it. He had to fake his death at some point to distance himself from his family and, in general, to disappear from the records. Although he didn't want that to happen yet, he would miss his family, except for his father, of course. But it was something that would happen sooner or later, and he had to prepare himself from now on.

🥀

Edward and Ronan were in the Jeep, with Edward driving and Ronan in the passenger seat.