Chapter 18- The Kiss

"How did your elbow do this?,"my mother pointed at my eye, and looked at Flynn with furrowed brows.

"I'm really really sorry, Mrs. Branson,"he sighed.

"Where's your mother?"

"Please don't tell her,"he clasped his hands together and begged my mom.

"Come on mom,"I looked at her. "You know how much trouble he's gotten into lately. I don't wanna get him into anymore trouble."

She looked at me. "Alright, alright. But she's not driving to school with that eye. So you better tell your mother that you're her chauffeur until that eye gets better."

"Sure."

My mother looked at him, looked at me, smiled and then walked inside of the house.

I smiled at him. "I guess you're my chauffeur, now."

"I hate taking credit for things I didn't do,"he shook his head.

"Well technically you didn't break my leg either but hey, we're cool again, right?,"I punched his shoulder softly.

He smiled. "So, I guess the whole making out buddies thing is back on, huh?"

"Seriously? That's what you're thinking about?"

He grinned and shrugged.

Heather's car pulled up beside Flynn's house. Eva got out. She looked excited to see me.

"Shoot,"I covered my eye.

"What?,"Flynn looked at me. "Are you ashamed of your eyes?"

"No. My mom told me to call off the fake relationship thing."

"Amen!"

Eva and Heather were crossing the street.

"Do it now,"he walked down the steps. "Hello Eva,"he held her hand and kissed it.

She giggled. "Hi, Flynn."

"Why are you so happy?,"Heather furrowed her brows at him.

He shrugged. "I don't know,"he grinned. "How was your day?"

"Well..."

Eva ran up my steps.

"Eva I-"

She suddenly kissed me. She grabbed my hands and put them on her cheeks.

"Whoa, check that out,"Heather pointed at us.

Flynn looked at us. He looked devastated.

Eva smiled at me. "I haven't seen you in days. What's up?"

"Duh- uh...I- uh..."

"Awww. They're so cute,"Heather tilted her head.

"Harley!,"Flynn shouted.

I looked at him.

"Could you come here a sec?"

"Sh-sh-sure,"I walked down the steps.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me a little way off from my house. "What is your problem?"

"M-m-my problem?,"I stuttered. "I f-f-feel so v-v-violated. I've just been as-s-saulted."

"You kissed her when you told me that you were dumping her."

"I didn't kiss her. She kissed me. I'm as shocked as you are."

He squinted at me.

"They'll think something's up, so can we please go back?" I walked away, but he was still standing there.

"Eva?,"I signaled her to come.

"Yeah babe?,"she skipped over to me with a smile.

"Babe?,"Flynn shook his head.

"What is up with you?,"Heather looked at him."And why did you two run off like that?"

"Oh-Uh- I was just congratulating her on her first kiss."

I rolled my eyes. He really liked lying. "Uh- Eva,"I looked up at her. "I'm sorry but-"

"What happened to your eye?,"she moved her face closer to mine. I quickly stepped back, afraid that she might kiss me again.

"Flynn-"

"She got hit my a door,"Flynn butt in.

Heather quickly started talking so his attention could be on her.

I smiled at him. "Like I was saying before-"

"You should've seen them, Harley," Eva whispered. "Everyone was talking to me. They were so excited. Have you noticed anything different?" She spun around.

"Uh..Your glasses are gone?"

"I'm wearing make up, and shorter clothes. It's like a dream come true."

"What kind of fairytale school do you go to?"

She giggled. "I'm just so happy. You did this for me."

"You don't need these things to be hap-"

"Eva!,"Heather shouted,"Come on. My mom needs me home."

"Okay,"Eva shouted back. "Bye,"she kissed me again, then ran after Eva across the street.

"I'm pretty sure my mom saw that one,"I stood trembling. I was uncomfortable and probably in big trouble.

The car drove off and Flynn quickly walked over to me.

"I gotta get my ice pack. I forgot all about it-"

"Why didn't you call it off?"

"I couldn't, Flynn. You've seen how much this has done for her."

"But you just couldn't tell her to stop kissing you, could you?"

"Why are you acting like this? Like I said, you're not my boyfriend. We don't even like each other,"I folded my arms and looked away.

"Wow,"he shook his head. "So that's how it is? I'm fine with that,"he put his hands up, parallel to his shoulders. "See you tomorrow, Harley."

"See you..tomorrow."