Chapter 33- I Admit It

I walked into the school in my new outfit. It was so awkward. Kids who knew me as the girl who wore black and cursed everyone out were now smiling at me.

"You look really pretty, Harley,"a girl I didn't know waved at me.

"Thank..you,"I smiled at her. I felt pretty...different. Everyone liked me now.

"Isn't that girl from the party,"a boy told another, pointing at me. "Hey pool girl!,"he called me. "Come here."

I furrowed my brows and walked over to them. "Yeah."

"I'm Chad and this is Jerard,"he grinned. "Do you remember us?"

"..Yeah..I think I played against you guys. You're eleventh graders, right?"

"Yeah. But age doesn't matter, right?"

"...I guess not- What are you impl-"

"Would you like to go out with me?,"he smiled.

"I..I'm sorry. I can't."

"She has a girlfriend, Chad,"Megan grabbed my hand and pulled me away. "Moron."

I giggled. "Thanks for the save."

"No problem,"she smiled at me. "So..you're a lesbian?"

"Uh- I don't really like the word le-"

"Do you know how awesome it would be if people knew I had a gay friend?"

"I..uh,"I looked over at Flynn. He was staring at me. When he noticed me staring back, he looked away. "..yeah. Gay friend.."

"Are you staring at Flynn?"

"No,"I looked at her. "...no."

"By the way, your new make up style is stunning."

"Thank you....,"I looked at Flynn. "I've gotta go talk to Flynn a sec."

"Okay, well go togeth-"

"Actually, I need to talk to him alone."

"..Fine. Go right ahead."

"Thanks." I walked over to Flynn.

He closed his locker, then looked at me."Uhm,"he gulped hard,"..hey,"he smiled down at me.

"Hey, what's up?,"I smiled at him.

"Nothing..much. What about you? What's up with you and Megan?"

"God, she's obsessed with the whole gay thing. It's gotta stop."

"I told you it would get out of hand. Now the whole school's gonna think you're...,"Flynn looked up,"Wow. Now here comes your ex,"he shook his head.

"Are you serious, Harley?,"Danny rushed over to me.

"Oh my go-,"I turned away.

"Everybody's calling me pussy. They're saying that I was a girl in the relationship."

"And why's that?,"I looked at him.

"Because you dumped me for a girl."

I giggled angrily and shook my head. "You cheated on me with Brandy. The fact that I left you for a "girl" is a compliment to women."

He furrowed his brows.

"Just proves that guys are dumb, weak pricks-"

"Whoa,"Flynn put his hands on my shoulders. "Not all guys right?"

"What? So you're some kind of feminist now?,"Danny squinted at me.

"I don't think feminist believe that men are weak, bro."

"Dude, could you stay out of this?,"Danny pointed at him. "I loved you, Harley."

"Could you back up?,"I put my hand out.

"Harley, just hear me out."

I sighed and folded my arms. "Ten seconds."

"Twenty?"

"Fifteen."

"Thirty- OK, listen. You were my crush since...I knew you."

I shook my head.

"I never liked Brandy, but you know guys. Once a girl gets on their lap it's like..heaven."

I looked at the ground. That was probably the case for Flynn too.

"Trust me, Harley. I pictured your face the the entire time we did it-"

"Okay,"I covered my ears. "That's gross. You got five seconds,"I pointed at him. "Five."

"You're so much prettier now-"

"Four!"

"And you're happier."

"Three."

"I love you, but if Eva makes you happy-"

"How do you know her name?"

"Megan's telling everyone."

"What?,"I pushed him. "Move!" I started walking.

Flynn rushed over to me and grabbed my arm. "Harley, look at me."

I looked at him. "If you say I told you so, I'm going to knock your front teeth out."

"I wasn't going to say that..But I did tell you-"

"Ugh! Flynn,"I turned around but he pulled me back. I looked up at him.

"Look at how you've changed...Well...you've changed back. This is the girl I was in school with years ago. Not the dark, creepy Harley....The happy, friendly Harley. If you go arguing with Megan...you might turn all dark again."

"Like Anakin in Star Wars?"

"Yeah,"he smiled. "Like Anakin,"he held my hand. "And I'll just be your Padmè."

"That..was his wife right?"

"I think so."

"So you're like my wife?,"I smiled and titled my head.

"Yeah..NO! You know what? Scratch what I just said alright. Don't go messing with Megan, okay?...,"he put his hand under my chin. "Okay?"

"Okay,"I smirked.

He just stared at me with dazed eyes.

"I've gotta get to class,"I stepped back. "I'll catch you later."

"Okay,"he smiled.

I walked away with a huge smile on my face. I was admitting it. I had a huge crush on Flynn..plus a boyfriend..and a GIRLFRIEND.