Chapter 35- Change for the Worst

I walked down the steps and tried to sneak out the house.

"Hey,"Mr. Friday shouted from the kitchen.

I froze and looked at him. "Hi,"I smiled and waved at him.

"You're not Heather."

"No,"Flynn shook his head. "That's Harley."

"Oh..Well she's prettier....kinda,"he squinted at me. "What is she? Mexican? Indian?...Black?"

"I'm French,"I shook my head. Of course I wasn't French, this guy was just racist.

"Oh my-,"Flynn walked over to me. "I'll see you tomorrow okay?,"he looked down at me.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Hey, Harper,"Mr. Friday shouted.

"Harley,"I shook my head. If Flynn didn't like the guy, I didn't like him either.

"Harley, aren't you that gay kid next door?"

"I'm not gay!,"I shouted before walking out the door.

*   *   *

I looked at my reflection in my rear view mirror. I struggled with my make up. Usually I would just put on black eyeliner and black lipstick, but today I had to look good like yesterday.

I got out of the car and started walking towards the school, then Flynn grabbed my hand. "Hey,"I smiled.

He pulled me over to his car. He opened the backseat, got in, then pulled me after him.

"What are you doing?,"I giggled, climbing in after him. "We're going to be late."

"Damn right we are,"he kissed me.

I fake giggled. I was nervous as hell. I was afraid of Flynn. Like I said, I was waiting till marriage, but Flynn was making that extremely hard. Expecially with the fact that he was "extremely hard" if you get what I mean.

He kissed me, then looked at my pants. "I like your shorts,"he smiled.

"I hate them. They're so pink."

He chuckled.

"I like pink on you,"he looked at me with dazed eyes.

I exhaled with trembling breath.

"Do wanna skip first period?"

"I ca-,"I looked down at him. "...Okay."

He smiled, pulling the lever on the chair.

*   *   *

I walked down the hallway with a huge smile. I couldn't stop blushing.

"Eva sure makes you happy,"Megan held my arm.

I looked at Flynn. "Yeah."

He smiled.

"Eva."

"So. I heard that you and May had a fight."

"We didn't fight,"I looked at Megan.

"Are you sure? Because people said you two argued."

"We argued a little. We never fought?"

"I hear you. Anyway, party at my friend's house next weekend. You in?

"I can't. I'm sorry."

"Come on. You're the party girl."

"I'm not a party girl,"I giggled.

"But you came to my party."

"According to my dad, I was only there to cut the cake, and then bounce. And I cut the cake...literally."

She laughed. "Yeah, you did....About Flynn..when do you think he'll dump his girlfriend?,"she looked at him and bit her bottom lip.

I got a little upset. "I don't know."

"Well you are his closest friend. You should know-"

"Well I don't, okay?"I looked at Hayden. "Hayden?,"I called out to him.

He smiled at me. "Hey Harley."

I walked over to him. He was about to hug me but I stepped back.

He squinted at me. "....What did you do to May?"

"What did I do- Where were you yesterday?"

"I stayed at the hospital with my cousin. She had an asthma attack and no one could stay with her...so I did."

"Oh...that's sweet."

"May called me yesterday. She was angry. I couldn't understand what she was saying because she was crying. Whatever you did, you need to fix it."

"I didn't do anything to May!"

"But she-

"Look, I'm not up for an argument today too, alright?,"I walked away.

He sighed.

*   *   *

Since I was the new talk of he school, nothing I did was personal. Nothing at all.

May was standing by one of the locker with makeup running down her cheeks. I sighed, then walked over to her. I was going to apologize.

"May, I'm-,"I frowned but she cut me off.

"Save it,"she rolled her eyes. She pulled her phone out of her pocket. "That little show you put on in Flynn's car?,"she pulled up the video on her phone,"I taped it-"

"What is wrong with you?,"I shook my head at her and said softly. "I came here to apologize and you rub this in my face.

"You blackmail me, I blackmail you. And I know you weren't going to apologize. You only changed your mind now because you're afraid I'll show this to people."

"May-"

"May,"she mocked me.

"I didn't know you were like this....I never pictured you like this person. What's really causing you to act like this?"

She frowned, then pushed me aside and walked away.

I watched her walk down the hallway. She changed too..for the worst.