Chapter 42- Cute Together

I drove the car put of the supermarket parking lot.

"I can't believe you stood in a line just to get one chocolate bar,"Flynn said
shaking his head.

I looked at him. "What did you want me to do? Walk out of the store with it in my hand?"

"I'm not upset with you. I'm upset with those people. They saw you with it and they just couldn't let you go to the front and pay? Now we're late."

I shrugged. "We can just..skip school."

"Skip school? Harley, our exams start this month."

"That's the point,"I stopped at the red light. "Sme of the teachers aren't even coming to class because they expect us to study. And I doubt you can study with a bunch of girls above your head."

He looked out the window. "Where do you wanna go?"

"Our parents won't be home."

"We should go to school Harley..And since when are you so..."

I looked at him. He was quiet. You would think he was the one on his period. The light changed and we drove off.

* * *
I sat in the classroom with my head on my desk and my arms around my stomach.

"Do you want a pain killer?,"the girl sitting next to offfered.

"I-uh..,"I looked at her," I can't swallow pills. "But thanks."

Flynn turned around and looked at me. "Are you okay?"

"Of course I'm not okay...My stomach hurts."

"Do you want me to take you to the sick room?"

"I'm fine. I can..I can work,"I picked up my pen. My hand started trembling and I dropped it.

Flynn's hand suddenly flew up.

"Skylar?,"Mr. Roberts pointed at him.

"Harley's got..cramps. Can I take her to the sick room?"

Mr. Roberts looked at me. I guessing he thought I was faking it so Flynn and I could leave....But I was.

"Take her,"Mr. Roberts comanded him.

Flynn got up and lifted me out of my chair.

If I was straight to the girls they would probably be so jealous of me.

Flynn walked with me out of the classroom. "I really hope you aren't faking this."

The guilt set in. I looked at him. "When you uhm...When you drop me off at the room..Go back to class, okay?"

"Are you sure you don't need-"

"Go back to class."

* * *
I curled up on the bed. I was the girl who cried wolf all over again. My stomach was erupting like a volcano. I totally agreed with God. I was wrong and I needed t be punished.

The suddenly opened. May walked in with a mug of hot tea. "Hey,"she had a faint smile.

I sat up on the bed and took the mug.

She climbed unto the bed beside me. "Cramps huh?"

I rolled my eyes then shut them, sipping the tea.

"Are you ever going to talk to me again?"

I looked at her. "I've forgiven you for a lot of crap, May. But what you did was terrible. I don't know if I can forgive you,"I turned away.

"You would rather Megan than me."

"Megan doesn't even talk to me unless she wants to gossip or ask me for something. She's not really my friend."

"You went shopping with her."

"That's because she tricked me into it. Besides that, I think she knew I was posing as gay in the party. She just acted surprised. She just wants to use me."

"Well you are popular now."

"I'm for from popular. My name's just known, but no one really knows me."

"No knows the real you like I do. I know you Harley."

"You got so upset and you said I changed. I didn't change. Sure my outfit did and my make up did, but didn't."

"Harley, when I met you, you weren't...that girl who drank alcohol and partied. You weren't the girl who played pool with the guys. You were sweet, straight foward, shy Harley. Sometimes mean but kind and...You talked me out of things. Remember that suicidal phase I went through? You talked me out of it...And you talked to me. You told me everything. That just stopped after you started dating Danny."

I giggled. "Is that why you hated him so much?"

She smiled and shrugged. "I lost my best friend to a jerk."

"Seems to me like they're my type."

She took a while then froze. "OMG! You like Flynn."

I tried not to smile.

"OMG! You guys are so adorable together. I wanna be godmother."

"What? May,"I shook my head. "Don't be ridiculous. Flynn and I aren't-"

"Hey,"he walked into the room. "How are you feeling?"

I was so caught up in talking to May, I forgot about my pain. "Better actually..Thanks to May,"I smiled at her.

She grinned.

"You're friends again,"Flynn smiled. "That's awesome."

I nodded. "I'm really hungry. Is lunch time over?"

"Yeah, but I can get you something if you want."

"Thanks."

He walked out of the room.

May squealed. "You guys are just too cute."

I smiled.