Chapter 83- Going South

I walked down the steps squeezing my bag straps and staring at Flynn's house. He wasn't coming to school. I frowned and unlocked my car, then anger hit me. I quickly crossed the street and rang the door bell.

Mrs. Friday opened the door. "Harley, you can't be here-"

"You're a real pussy, you know that?,"I folded my arms.

"Excuse me-"

"And you're making your son look like one too. He's brave and smart and he never gave a crap about what people thought about him." I saw him on the couch in his pajamas.

"This time's different,"his mother's eyes had bags under them.

"Mrs. Friday, I know you're like your son. You've never cared what people say about you, which is alot-"

"I empower myself with what they say. How could Flynn empower himself with dirty accusations?"

"He can't. But he can act normal-"

"And make me look like a bad pare-"

"Harley,"Flynn got up and walked over to us. "They is not normal anymore. Go to school, okay?"

I clenched my fists.

Flynn started closing the door. "Harley...anything happens to me..just know that I love you-"

"Nothing is going to-"

He shut the door.

* * *

I walked down the school hallway. Everyone was staring like they were looking deep into my soul or something.

May walked up to me and held my hand.

"Stop!,"I yanked it away. "I can't look like some kind of victim."

"Your hair already gives you that look,"she touched my hair.

I frowned. "Flynn's staying home. I know that I'm not supposed to hate anyone, but I can't help it. I hate her."

"Harley, come on,"she helped me to my class.

* * *

I sat in the classroom feeling the burns of the eyes on my back. I looked at Flynn's empty desk.

There was a knock on the class door. One of the secretaries stepped in.

All the sound in my ears vanished and every started moving in slow motion.

The secretary pointed at me and everyone looked at me. I started shaking.

Mr. Roberts mouth was moving but i couldn't hear the words.

I looked at him and gulped then got up, grabbing my bag.

I followed the secretary to the principal's office.

It hadn't even been an hour of school and my parents were already called in. They had tears in their eyes, which was strange.

I sat between them, still deaf to the sound around me. I quickly blurted out,"Flynn, didn't do anything. He would never hurt anyone."

The principal stared at me in confusion. "That's not my you're here. Have you heard anything I said?"

I looked at my mother with furrowed brows.

"It's your grandfather, honey,"she frowned. "He died this morning."

"What?,"I started crying. I looked over at my father.

He quickly got up and walked out of the room.

"You left before we could tell you."

I buried my face in her shoulder and started weeping.

Everything was going south.

* * *
I got out of parents car. Mrs. Friday was on the steps with my grandmother.

Nana got up and walked over to me, giving me a hug. She squeezed me so tight I couldn't breathe. And I didn't mind the squeeze. I needed it.

"I'm so sorry, Harley,"she looked at me.

All I could think about was the fact the Flynn couldn't be there to hug me. I looked over at his house.

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. "I know you want to see him,"Friday looked down at me,"..but he hasn't left his room since he heard about it."

"And you're not going to let me see him." I shrugged her hand off and walked past my parents. I walked into my room and slammed the door then locked it. I looked at the neatly made bed and the stacked books on my shelves, then started pulling everything apart.

I grabbed my pillow and buried my face in it, screaming and laying on my bed. The tears ran down my cheeks.

The phone started vibrating on my bed and I slowly picked it up.

"Hello?,"I wiped my cheeks.

"Harley, I'm so sorry that I can't be there for you,"it was Flynn.

"I need you here,"I started crying again.

"I want to be there but I can't."

"Could you just...stay on the phone with me?"

"Of course."

I put the phone on speaker and put it beside me laying back down on my pillow.