Chapter 87- Explaining pt 2

Flynn P.O.V:

I sat on my bed watching my parents look around the room. They were trying to avoid eye contact.

"Okay?,"I shrugged.

"Okay what, Flynn? "My mom spoke in a sudden angry tone.

"Okay, I'm waiting."

My dad sighed. "Why don't you go first, Bernice?"

She looked at me. "I know you're probably gonna hate me more than you hate your dad after I tell you this."

"I don't think that's possible,"I looked at him.

"You'll change your mind in the next minute or so.. It's my fault."

"What is?"

"Your dad left because of me."

"I know that. And I don't blame you. He's sick-"

"No Flynn...He isn't...I'm the one you should be calling sick."

I squinted at her in bewilderment.

"As you know, your father is eight years older than me. I met him when I was in high school...when I was sixteen...when I was dating Harley's dad."

"Whoa..,"I raised my brows,"...Whoa."

"Yep..and her mom was my best friend....,"she smiled. "Then Curtis moved here and he came between us...We used to joke about living near each other and having kids who would fall in love. Who knew it would actually happen."

That was pretty amazing.

"I think you're off topic," my dad looked at her.

"Uh, right,"she put her hand on her forehead and started rubbing it. "When I met your father, he was working at a video game store. I would go there every day with Curtis just to see him."

I was still trying not to puke at the thought of my mom and Harley's dad dating.

"Then Curtis noticed it because according to him I never liked video games until I met him. I started dating him in secret, while pretending to date Curtis. I got pregnant with your older brother and when my parents found out, I lied to them and told then he forced me into it. Of course my parents told the police but with my history.."

History?

"they didn't take it seriously. Then my parents forced me to marry your dad, when I turned eighteen. And that's when everything started. I fell out of love,"she shrugged. "And I lost it with your father...and I regretted leaving Curtis. When I told Margaret that about six or seven years later, she had already been dating him. We hated each other from then on."

"What about dad hitting you?"

"He hit me once by accident when I was pregnant with you and I took it as my opportunity to get out of the marriage. So..I told my parents and..they started telling people that he was abusive. I felt like I owed him so I stayed with him. Then I got pregnant with you, we had a fight, and I divorced him. He moved away because he couldn't handle the things people were saying."

"I asked your mother to let me come see you multiple times but she said no and like I said..I gave up."

I looked at them both. "Dad..did you fall..out of love with mom?"

He looked at her. "Love is something no one but God can explain."

My mother rolled her eyes.

"After everything she did to me..I never stopped loving her."

I furrowed my brows at them. My mother made me hate him for so long.