Chapter 109

We skipped around the mall with Zoe for hours searching for what she called "the perfect dress." She tried on about a hundred (no exaggeration).

I sighed and sat on my fifth bench in our fifth store. "Why can't you just order your dress online like everyone else is?"

"Because my cousin got her prom dress ripped when she ordered hers,"she replied walking into the dressing room with a arm full of dresses. "I don't want that to happen to me."

May groaned. "She probably ordered hers on a bad site. I'm pretty sure you'll get the same dresses online for a cheaper price."

She shut the dressing room door.

I yawned and looked at my watch. "It's four forty five."

"It's feels like eight thirty."

"What? You go to bed early now?,"I smiled at May.

"Kinda."

"Flynn and I are wearing black, if you wanted to know."

"Black? Gone goth again or something?"

I shook my head and smiled. "I've already ordered my dress."

"OMG, really? What does it look like?"

"It's simple."

"Simple how?"

"Not too long, not too short..just simple."

"Okay...awesome."

"Yep,"I nodded.

Even though May and I were talking, it was awkward to sit with her alone.

My phone started buzzing. Thank God. I got up and walked over to a clothes rack.

"Hello?"

"I can't do it."

"Hayden?"

"Yes it's Hayden, obviously. Didn't you recognize my voice by my accent?"

"What couldn't you do?"

"I couldn't call it off with Lola."

"What! Why not?"

"Because she's sad and I can't do that to a sad person."

"She's putting on a face for you... You're not making me happy by going with her. And how do you think your girlfriend is going to feel when she sees you with Lola?"

He sighed. "I can't Harley. I'm sorry."

"May is my best friend. I'm not gonna let you mess up her prom. You need to do this or I will."

"Harley I can't."

"I forgot you were a pussy."

"Har-"

I shoved the phone in my pocket and walked over to May.

Zoe stepped out of the dressing room. "How do I look?"

"Awesome- I'm going somewhere to come back. If I don't get back in time..text me and tell me that you're leaving."

"Where are you going?"

"Don't worry about that just..stay here." I walked off.

* * *

I got it of my car and walked up the steps Lola's house. I quickly rang the bell.

The door opened. "Hi,"a man looked down at me. "You must be Sarah."

"No I'm-"

"Lola's not here right now, but you can go up to her room and wait."

"Don't you think that's...Thank you." I walked into the house. Why would you send a complete stranger up to someone's room?

I walked into the room and shut the door. "God, this place looks like a unicorn pooped and threw up in here." I walked over to her desk. The diary was on the table. I opened it. Hayden was right. The pages were blank.

The door suddenly opened.

"Sarah I'm so sorry I kept you waiting. I...,"Lola froze. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm actually here to break some bad news to you,"I smiled and tilted my head. "Hey, why is Eva's diary blank?"

She shut her mouth.

"You know,"I stood up,"If all your "followers" found out that all that stuff you said about a dead girl was a lie-"

"Not everything I said was a lie."

"But most of it is. And if they found out-"

"Which they won't."

"I'm holding the empty diary in my hand right now."

"That's write. It's empty. People will just think that you created a fake to make me look like a fraud."

"Which you are."

She giggled. "Harley, they'll never believe you. We're both running for queen and they'll just think you're desperate. Which you are."

"I don't care about prom queen. Something I have told you from the beginning. All I want is for you to stop making Flynn look bad and for you drop your stupid vlog."

"I can't do that. He's the only reason why people everywhere are watching my vlog in the first place."

"Then imagine the disappointment when they find out how much of a lier you are."

"Harley could you just stop already? Don't you realize that your eagerness to solve the problem is what got you into this situation in the first place?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You started dating Eva because you wanted her to fit in at school. You led her on and then you started dating Flynn right infront of her."

"How do you know all of this?"

"I may have a fake diary, but I've read the real one, and I've spoken to her friends."

"You're crazy."

"No, it's practice. I want to work with the police force and stuff so-"

"You're rubbing Flynn's name deeper in the dirt so you can get attention for your blog."

"Like you said, his names already in the dirt."

"And Eva, can't she just rest in peace?"

"You care about her just as much as I do, which means you don't care at all."

"Go to hell Lola,"I walked pass her.

"We'll both meet up with Eva there."

I rushed out of the house and sat in my car. I pulled out my phone and smiled. I recorded her dumb ass.