Chapter 50- Trying out

I got out of my car and started walking towards the school. Flynn was already half way up the steps. I ran after him.

"Morning,"I smiled up at him.

"Hey,"he looked at me. "I'm really sorry about Frederick."

"I'm sorry for you."

"Why?"

"Because you're stuck with him."

He chuckled.

"You guys fight a lot don't you?"

"Yep. We do."

"And Felix? He really looks up to you."

"Yeah...I'm like his father...- Not like Franky. I mean, Franky's never in the picture. He just knocked up my mom and ditched us. Come back during the holidays, give your son whatever he wants, and call yourself dad of the year." Flynn was smiling but I saw the pain in his eyes.

I held his wrist. "It's really cool...how Felix looks up to you."

He smiled, a happy smile.

May walked over to me. "Happy Thanksgiving,"she hugged me.

I looked at Flynn with my confused face.

He shrugged.

"Thanksgiving was yesterday."

"I know,"she smiled. "I would've called you yesterday, but I was too busy with Hayden. We had thanksgiving dinner with his parents and then we..,"she suddenly started blushing.

"You what?,"I squinted at her. I wanted to say "Took a nice long time bouncing on his lap" but the words couldn't come. I knew it would hurt her.

"You know,"she danced.

Flynn shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"Second time,"I lifted my head and looked at her,"huh?"

"Fifth. Once we started we couldn't stop. It's like six hours of heaven."

"Six hours?,"Flynn furrowed his brows at her.

"Four for the least,"she smiled.

"What do you do during freakin' six hours? Are you sure you're not over exaggerating a little?"

I sulked. That could've been me. I mean not the six hours thing, but that could've been me too. Hayden liked me and I messed it up..for Flynn. I looked at Flynn. Not that there was anything wrong with....Flynn.

He and May were still arguing about how long she and Hayden were lasting during sex.

I just stood there looking around...awkwardly.

"So,"May looked at me,"what did you do yesterday?"

"Huh? Oh, we hung out for a while and then my parents and I had lunch and watched a movie....So, no sex for me,"I fake smiled at her.

"Oh..kay? Anyway, I'm gonna go look for Hayden. Remember my birthday's coming up and,"she pinched my nose," I'm expecting a surprise party."

"It won't be a surprise party if you're expecting it,"Flynn shook his head at her.

"I know. But I've practiced my suprised face." She dropped her jaw and covered her mouth.

Flynn put his fingers between his eyes and shook his head again.

She danced away.

"That girl is living a fairytale in her messed up little head."

I walked into the school.

Flynn grabbed my hand. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah,"I smiled a faint smile at him.

"Sure?"

I opened my mouth to reply, but Megan appeared in front of me.

"Hey,"she smiled handing me a clipboard and a pen.

I looked at it.

"It's a sign up sheet for cheer tryouts."

"I can see that,"I looked at her. "Didn't you guys have triots already?"

"Yeah, but after Gina broke her leg we decided that a we needed fresh blood."

"Well you should check out the freshmans. They've got fresher blood than I do."

"Come on Harley. It's your last year. Do something you'll enjoy or can regret later."

My heart jumped. Everything was about regrets now our days. I looked at the paper, then at Flynn.

He slowly shook his head signaling me not to.

I picked up the pen and sighed the paper.

"Yay!,"Megan threw a kick in the air, almost getting my head.

I had just noticed that she was wearing the revealing new cheer uniform. "Is that new?"

"Yeah! Glad you noticed. Triots are tomorrow afternoon. See you then,"she took the clipboard and hopped away.

Flynn grabbed my arm. "I told you not to sign it."

"Well I did. What's your problem?"

"Are you gonna go?"

"Of course. I wanna embarrass myself a little before I leave this place. Why?"

"You'll get in."

"How do you know?"

"When we were younger you did back flips and carwheels. You'll get in."

"Even if I can do, what's your problem with it anyway?"

"You see how revealing those "uniforms" are. I don't want you wearing that."

I don't realize that he was that controlling. "It's how you wear it. I'm obviously not going to wear something that's too small."

"Harley...,"he sighed,"...You know how the girls like to watch the guys at football practice?"

"Yeah?...What?"

"They watch them for the muscles. The guy watch the girls for something else."

"Are you trying to tell me that cheerleading is bad, because it's n-"

"That's not what I....The cheerleading that your little friend Megan and her gang does is bad."

"Flynn what are you saying?"

"When they make you wear a little tight skirt and flash for the football players you'll understand what I'm saying,"he walked away.

Flynn was just trying to discourage me from trying something I always wanted to. This was my last year in school. I couldn't pass this opportunity by.