Chapter 21- Wearing Black

I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling. The new guy chose me over all the girls at school. A smile spread across my face. I almost forgot that I had a boyfriend. I didn't even trust him.

Someone knocked on my door. "Harley?,"my mom called out to me.

"Yeah mom?,"I sat up.

She opened the door.

Flynn walked in. "Hey,"he smiled.

My mom looked around the room. "Thank goodness. You cleaned it up,"she looked at me. "Leave this door open, alright?"

"Of course,"I smiled at Flynn.

She walked away.

"So..you're in my room."

"Yep,"he looked around. "I like the paint on the walls. At least it's not black."

"It's pink. I like pink too you know...I like every color."

He picked up my black lipstick. "So why all the black make up and black clothes?"

"Is there a problem with it?"

"No. It's cool...But..I feel like you can mix it up a little."

I rolled my eyes.

"What do you get out of wearing black?,"he walked over to my desk. "You've got pink everywhere in your room and you wear black everywhere."

"You know if you're here to judge me, you can go. May has never commented on my room."

"That's because she's afraid of you."

"She's not. She just knew me since we were young."

"I hear you...But seriously, what's so big about that color?"

I sighed. "It gets people to stay away from me. They feel uncomfortable around me...They don't bother me. I like that...I don't like to be bothered I guess."

He smiled. "Smart...People call you a freak because of it, you know that right?"

"Yeah, and I don't care."

He walked over to my wardrobe. "You used to wearing all sorts of colors."

"And people bothered me. Now could you please stop talking about what I wear? You dress like..like...I don't know...You dress okay, but I don't talk about how you...dress."

He chuckled. "That's because there's nothing to talk about. I dress normal. What happens on prom night? You're going to wear some black dress?"

I walked over to my wardrobe and opened it.

"You didn't need to open-"

"Look,"I took out a pink t-shirt. "I've got color in my closet-"

"That you don't wear. I'm not against you wearing black. I'm just giving my opinion."

I threw the shirt back in the closet and closed the doors. "Why are you here?,"I folded my arms.

"I didn't come here to make you mad."

"Are you sure? Because you clearly are...making me mad."

He walked over to the bed and sat down. "I was just bored at home so I came over here....Are you and that Hayden guy a thing or-"

"No..I have a boyfriend. Look. You need to stop getting..jealous of everyone I talk to."

"I'm far from jealous. I mean, you have a girlfriend and a boyfriend and now you're flirting with Mr. England-"

"I'm not flirting with anyone."

"I saw you at lunch today. You were flirting with him."

"We weren't- Are you seriously looking at me in the cafeteria?,"I giggled, walking over to him and sitting on the bed.

"It's not like I stare. That would be creepy...right?,"he looked at me.

"Of course,"I giggled.

He smiled.

"Anyway, I've got homework."

"You can do it over the weekend,"he held my hand.

I looked down at them and blushed.

"You said we would hang out, so we're hanging out."

"Yeah,"I looked at him.

He furrowed his brows and looked down. "I..uh..I wanted to-uhm..You're okay with Danny right?,"he looked at me.

"Yeah..Why?"

"I just heard some things,"he looked away again.

"Like?"

"Nothing,"his eye twitched.

I squinted at him. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah,"he looked at me. His eye twitched again. "Don't worry about it."

"Okay...You're still holding my hand you know?"

"Oh,"he let go. "Sorry."

"It's fine,"I smiled.

"Hey," he got up,"Is that a DS?" He picked it up off the ground. "I used to have one of these as a kid."

"Kids today will never know,"I giggled.

"Mario Kart was my favorite game."

"I happen to have it.... But I don't know where it is."

"That's fine,"he sat down on the bed and opened the DS. "Barbie Dream house party?,"he chuckled.

"It's been eight years since I've played with that thing."

"Who knew you were so girly,"he looked at me and smiled.

I smiled back at him. I quickly jammed my lips into his.

He stopped me, holding my shoulders. "Whoa. I'm sorry Harley. We can't...Do this."

"I'm sorry,"I looked away. I furrowed my brows. "Wait,"I looked at him,"Why are you suddenly against this?"

"I wasn't thinking before, but I'm thinking now. We..we're friends Harley. You don't like me that way. We shouldn't do what we've been doing."

"You're suddenly a goody two shoes, huh? Get out of my room."

"Harley wait-"

"Leave me alone."

He stood up. "I'm not going to say sorry because I'm not wrong. What we did was wrong-"

"Flynn, go. Please."

He looked at me, then walked over to the door.

My night couldn't get any worse.

He looked at me. "The reason why I asked you if you and Danny were okay, is because I saw him..with Brandy."

"What?,"tears filled my eyes.

He walked away.