Chapter 46 - Cool off

I got out of my car and closed the door. I threw the stupid pen away. Why did I do that? It didn't matter anyway. It was just a stupid pen. But Hayden. What if Hayden was right about Flynn... And May. I had just realized that May, inoccent, sweet May lost her virginity before me. That was so unfair. Waiting till marriage? Everyone's leaving me behind. It's so un-

Flynn walked up my steps.

"Where are you going?,"I looked a him.

"To see Hammy, obviously,"he shook his head.

I walked up the steps after him. "Hammy?,"I giggled, unlocking the door.

"Yeah. I'm calling him Hammy. You can call him Fluffy, or whatever you want but I'm calling him Hammy." He walked into the house.

I suddenly started feeling nervous. I walked into the house and closed the door.

My parents were out for the night, because they both had to work. I started feeling uneasy.

Flynn stood on the stairs. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah,"I smiled at him. I walked over to the stairs,"I'm fine."

He walked up the stairs and I followed him.

We walked into the my room.

Flynn quickly unlocked the cage. "Hey Hammy,"he took Hammy- I mean Fluffy out and held him in his hands. "How was your day?...Mine was boring too."

I giggled walking over to my bed and sitting down.

Flynn walked over and sat next to me.

"Hey Fluffy,"I took him.

Flynn shook his head.

I looked at him. "Like Hammy's such a great name. Anyway, I've got chores, so you can stay here with "Hammy", but I've got things to do." I handed him back to Flynn.

"I'll help you,"he walked over to the cage.

"It's fine. I can do them on my own,"I got up.

He shut the cage. "Come on. We'll finish faster if I help you."

"Okay,"I nodded.

Flynn and I walked out of the room.

* * *
"I put the last set of clothes in the dryer and I swept the living room,"he sat on the counter beside the sink.

I put a plate on the rack. "You can wipe where you just sat down."

He quickly got up. "Sorry."

I giggled. "Well," I looked at him,"I'm done too."

"What do you wanna do now?,"he stepped foward.

I quickly stepped back. "We can watch TV. Or study...We've got exam coming up remember?"

"Yeah,"he nodded.

I turned around and started walking. I squeezed my eyes shut. Flynn wasn't going home anytime soon.

* * *

I sat on my bed with my legs stretched out beside Flynn's. "You're really good at math,"I looked at him.

"Thanks,"he looked at me,"My dad..was."

I tried to change the subject. "I'm actually good at it too."

"I can see that...,"he looked at me.

I quickly leaned over him and picked up my English Literature notebook. "Let's study this now, okay?"

"Sure,"he put the math book aside.

"Okay, uh..,"I flipped through the pages. "Steps to writing...an essay.." I felt Flynn's nose rushed my cheek. My hand started trembling.

He slowly closed the book and took it from me. He threw it on the ground.

"Flynn,"I looked at him,"we sh-"

He kissed me, sliding his hand through the hair behind my head. He put his hand on my back and laid me flat on the bed. Then he kissed my neck.

"What are you doing?"

He looked at me.

"We're studying, not...,"I sat up,"Whatever this is."

He sighed. "You're right. I'm sorry." He sat down on the bed beside me.

My phone started buzzing. I picked it up and looked at it. It was a text from May.

Is it okay if I go out with Hayden? I'm mean not that I asked him out because he asked me. But is it okay if I do?

I stared at my phone angrily, before dropping in on the floor. "Screw it,"I climbed on top of Flynn's lap.

"What are you doing?,"he chuckled.

I took off my shirt.

He raised his eyebrows at me.

"I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of everything-"

"But don't you wanna study?"

"No,"I unbuttoned my jeans,"I don't."

"Okay,"he grabbed my wrists,"Calm down. What has gotten into you?"

I sighed. "Flynn, can we please just get this over with?"

"That not how it works, Harley. I can hurt you."

I laid on the bed and sighed.

"It's like art. Certain mistakes can leave damage on a painting."

"Don't compare this to-"

"You wouldn't paint with a knife, would you?"

"No-"

He got up. "Then we're not doing this when you're mad. You're not thinking straight. Besides, I'm not doing anything infront of Hammy....I'll be at home. Whatever has got you mad," he pointed at my phone,"get that over with, and then call me. We're not going to do anything you'll regret." He grabbed the cage.

"Wait, what are you doing?"

"I'm taking Hammy home for the night."

"Why?"

"Because I need some time with him, and you need to cool off."

I squinted at him. "You better be paying half of "Hammy's" pet food money."

"Ha!,"Flynn shouted,"You wish." He walked out of the room.