Chapter 62- The Element of Surprise

Uhm..this is Chapter 62. I'm guessing you didn't read chapter 61 since I've updated again...So you should probably go back. Enjoy ^,^

Christmas went by as it normally did. According to Flynn it was family time. So..we didn't see each other or talk to each other all day.

The twenty-eighth of December. May's Surprise party. We had a "fake falling out" which obviously didn't go as planned because she was smart. But it went well.

* * *

Sunday afternoon:

May and I did our annual Birthday Eve. She thought it would be a great idea when we were younger because, according to her..

"We celebrate Jesus' birthday with a Christmas Eve. So we should have Maymas Eve and Harleymas Eve."

Stupid. I know. But it was like when she said she wanted her parents to get divorced so she could have two Christmases. She was getting double. We were putting icing on her mother's red velvet cupcakes, which were actually for her party. She had no clue.

I stood in her kitchen thinking of something to fight with her about. I hadn't completely planned it out.

She was going on about how excited she was about her "big eighteen". "I'm going to officially be an adult. Do you know how awesome that will be? I can vote-"

"Go to clubs,"I squinted at her.

"...The club idea was actually Hayden's. I would never go to a club."

"Are you sure because it sure sounded like your idea."

"Harley,"she furrowed her brows and smiled,"Are you trying to fight with me for the element of surprise tomorrow? Because it isn't going to wor-"

"Element of surprise?,"I giggled. "How would it be a surprise if you're already expecting it? Stupid."

Her smile slowly wiped off.

"Anyway, I didn't plan a surprise party because I thought you'd wanna hang out like we always do tomorrow. Surprise parties are stupid. Expecially when you know it's coming,"I bit one of the cupcakes.

"Hey,"she grabbed it from me. "You can't eat them. My mom specifically said not to eat them. They're for her office party."

I snatched it back. "You know how I get around cake." I bit it again. "I can't stand here and stare and them without eating at least one. Come on,"I picked one up and passed it under her nose. "You know you want a bite."

"Stop Harley. Don't be a Eve. Stop trying to make me sin against my mom."

"Fine,"I bit it. "I'll eat yours."

"Harley!"

"What?,"I stuffed my face.

She stared at me in amazement.

"Come on. We've got fifty something more to put icing on,"I picked up another cupcake.

"No,"she took it from me. "I have fifty something more. You're going home."

"No..May. It's Maymas Eve. I'm not leaving you."

"Yes you are....I'll see you tomorrow."

"Wow...May..,"I grabbed another cupcake. "Just wow." I smiled as I walked off. Everything was going according to plan..kinda.

* * *
Present day:

We decided to use Flynn's house for the party, since it was his parents' anniversary and they let his little brother stay at his aunt's. Frederick just had to stay and keep us company.

Thank goodness I was with May all day or I would kill the kid...if Brandy didn't do it first. My phone was blowing up with texts from her about how annoyed she was with him. I had to hold in my laughter all the time so May wouldn't suspect something.

My parents had gone to work so I told her we would go to my place and hang out instead of hers with her folks.

I got out of the car staring at my phone.

"Harley,"May snapped her fingers. "Let's go inside."

"Hold on. I'm texting Flynn."

"It's me day, remember?"

"...Hold up. Seriously Flynn!!,"I shouted at his house. "Are you kidding me right now?"

"What is it?"

"I'm sorry May, but I've got to go over there. It'll only take a second okay?"

"No-"

I started walking across the street.

"Harley! It's five twenty-nine. My day's almost over. And we haven't done anything together."

"Wait, okay?,"I walked up the stairs. "I'll be right back. Just one minute." I said that knowing she'd come after a minute.

Flynn opened the door for me.

"What is your problem?,"I shouted at him, then pushed him inside.

He slammed the door and a smile spread across my face. The place was set up perfectly with a happy birthday banner hanging across the roof. "Hide Harley,"he whispered and I caught myself. I quickly turned off the light and a found my spot beside him.

The bell suddenly rang.

"Right on time,"I whispered looking at my phone.

The door opened and she walked in. "Wow. Darkness. I hope you two aren't making out or something!"

I looked at Flynn. He was trying not to laugh.

"Come on you guys!..... Where are you?... I'm getting creeped out....Olly Olly oxen free!"

Then Frederick thought it might be fun to make a ghost sound. "Ooooo."

And like the scaredy cat May was, she screamed and started crying.

I quickly hit him on the back of the head and walked over to her turning on the light. "Surprise,"I shrugged.

Everyone slowly got up and said it after me like zombies. The music started playing.

She was still crying. A smile spread across her face. "You still..*wipes snot on jacket sleeve*....threw me a party?"

"Why else would I buy you a dress and tell you to wear it for the day?"

She hugged my with her snot jacket. "You're such a great friend."

"Okay..you're squeezing..me."

She let me go.

"I'm not the only person you should be rubbing you snot all over."

"No!,"Flynn and Brandy took off.

Hayden just stood on one foot in a Kung Foo fighting position.

She laughed and ran over to him. Giving him a big hug. "I love you."

"I love you too,"he kissed her forehead.

My heart started melting. I looked over at Flynn. He was smiling at them.

Flynn P.O.V:

If only Harley loved me back.