Chapter 25- Don't break her heart

I looked out my window. Eva and Heather were parking beside Flynn's house. I sighed and ran down the stairs. Eva crossed the street. I opened the door.

"Hey,"I smiled at her walking unto the steps.

"Hi,"she smiled.

Heather looked at me like I did something wrong to her.

"What's with her?,"I looked at Heather.

Eva sat down. "She's upset about....something."

I sat beside her. She was quiet, but I guess it was because she staring at me. I was staring at Flynn.

He was standing with Heather, and she was babbling as usual.

"You like him,"Eva looked at him.

"I..I don't,"I looked at her.

"I've been watching you. You get these googly eyes around him."

"I don't like him. We're just friends."

"But you want more than that, don't you?"

"..No."

"I know you had a boyfriend. You guys just broke up."

"Wow. News spreads fast."

"I guess...That's why Heather's mad..... So, I guess that's what she and Flynn are arguing about right now. He's probably making up some crap about you."

I sighed and looked at them.

He looked at me. "Harley, come here a sec."

I got up and walked over to him. "Yeah?"

"Heather's mad that you had a boyfriend. Can you please tell her that he's just a cover? She wants to hear it from you."

"Sure,"I looked at Heather. "Danny and I weren't serious. He wasn't right for me. Besides, I'm with Eva right?"

"I guess,"Heather smiled,"Just don't break her heart."

"I won't." I walked back over to Eva. "He did talk crap." I sat down. "Doesn't matter. This'll be over soon, right?"

"You're coming to prom with me and everything,"Eva furrowed her eyebrows at me.

"Oh..,"I looked at her. "Uhm..I thought-"

"That this would end in a month? I'm the biggest thing at school right now. We're the biggest thing. Bigger than Flynn and Heather. We can't end now."

"But...what if I wanna date someone? Kids at your school would probably find out."

"It's obviously not Flynn. Who's the lucky guy?"

"I..uh...I don't really like to talk about guys-"

"Oh...Okay. I get it. You're a keep to yourself kinda of girl."

I looked at the ground.

"Maybe I can help you make Flynn jealous."

"He's already jealous...Well he says he's not."

"So you admit it?"

"What?"

"That you like him."

"Look Eva-"

She kissed me.

When she stopped I looked at Flynn. He and Heather were standing right above us.

He looked down at me.

"Come on,"Heather held Eva's hand. She looked at me like she didn't believe I was gay. Eva stood up. "Let's go home."

I grabbed Eva's hand. "Wait,"I stood up on the step and looked down at her. I put my hands on her cheeks and kissed her. I put my forehead on hers. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Yeah,"she smiled.

"Okay."

Heather smiled at her then they walked over to the car.

Flynn looked away from me.

The car drove away.

"Harley you've gotta stop this,"he walked over to me. "This will not end well for the both of you. Especially you."

"Flynn-"

"You got Eva's head in a knott. What happens when you guy break up in a couple of weeks?"

"We're not..breaking up."

"What?"

"We'll just separate for college and-"

"Do you hear yourself?"

"Well I actually thought of it before I said it so..I heard myself."

"So you aren't going to date anyone else?"

"Eva and I aren't really dating so of course I will."

"You two are the power couple at her school right now. Everything you do is under surveillance."

"Is that what it's like for you?"

"The day we held hands in the hallway and this morning when I hugged you when you were crying? Heather knows about that. I have no privacy anymore. You don't either."

I frowned.

"The only place where you're away from all of that is at home....Geez,"he looked away. "You,"he pointed at me and looked at me,"need to stop kissing her."

"Why?"

"Kissing isn't a toy. You can't just do it with everyone."

I tilted my head and folded my arms. "Says the guy who kissed me multiple times."

He ignored me. "You're lucky your mom isn't home."

I shrugged. "....I've got stuff to do. I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"Yeah."

I walked into the house. I hadn't really thought about it. I was officially single again. Well, technically, but I could date.....Hayden.