❦ NINE | WAITING FOR A SIGN

CHAPTER NINE~ mentions of sexual assault ~

CHAPTER NINE
~ mentions of sexual assault ~

It was lunch time the next day when Amethyst's first secret spilled.

The day was going fine; her and Jughead had planned on going to the event that night to interrogate Dilton Doiley. Veronica and Betty had planned a way to teach Chuck a lesson on being a dickhead to girls. And Cheryl had started being slightly nice to Amethyst. Which may not seem like a lot, but it meant more to Amie than she led on.

Jughead was typing his book with Amethyst making little inputs in when Veronica and Betty stood at the end of their table.

Amethyst looked up at the two girls and smiled lightly before biting into her sandwich. They didn't make any move to talk and just stood there. Jughead and Amie looked at each other in question.

"What do you two want?" Amethyst asked as she looked back up at the girls.

"What the hell is this?" Veronica shoved her phone into Amethyst's face.

Amie looked at the picture of which appeared to be a page from a book. She read some of the lines when she spotted her name besides James George, a jock who use to go to the school until he graduated last year. Amethyst's face visibly paled as she read over the line.

"I-"

"What? What is it?" Jughead worriedly asked, noticing that his best friends face had turned white.

"Look."

Veronica shoved her phone into Jughead's face and he read over the line.

"What does that mean?" Jug asked. "Buttercup, what does it mean?"

Amethyst was at a lost for words.

"It means that Amethyst was a toy in the Jock's little game." Veronica looked back down at her phone. "She was put down for nine points, with an extra bonus point for being an outsider." Veronica looked back up at her. "What did he do to you?"

Amethyst's mouth opened and closed like a fish.

"Amie, we're trying to help you," Betty said. "What did he do?"

"He didn't do anything," she mumbled.

"Yes he did. I know you're lying!" Veronica said. "What did he do that earned him ten points in this stupid game?"

Amethyst looked between Betty and Veronica, not being able to look at Jughead in the eyes. She mumbled something, but no one could hear it.