❦ TEN | SICK AND FULL

CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

Amethyst and Jughead watched movies for the rest of the day before heading out to the 'Taste of Riverdale' event in the Great hall. Jughead and Amie snuck up the stairs and crouched on the balcony to wait until Dilton was by himself.

Amethyst was watching all of the different people interact together when she caught sight of Ms Grundy and Fred Andrews. Amethyst snorted before pointing them out to Jughead.

"That's got to be awkward for her," Jughead said.

Amethyst then spotted Alice Cooper talk to Penelope Blossom before she slapped Alice in the face. Amie let out a low whistle as everyone's attention went to them.

"How dare you, Alice Cooper?!" Penelope cried. "Printing my son's autopsy." Penelope started crying. "He was tortured and shot and thrown in the river like a piece of garbage."

"Its hard for me to say this but part of me actually feels sorry for the Blossom's," Amethyst said as Penelope's husband ushered her away to calm her down.

"That's because your empathetic," Jughead said.

Josie cleared her threat through the microphone to shift everyone's attention away from them. "Hey, uh, Riverdale. We are Josie and the Pussycats. Are you ready to rock?"

The girls started to play and Josie began to sing. Amethyst tapped her finger on the balcony to the beat, getting into it when Archie snuck up beside her.

"Are you sure it was worth sneaking out for some locally sourced Muenster?" Jughead asked him.

"I helped write that song, man," Archie said.

Amethyst and Jughead were silent as they listened to the lyrics. Amie nodded in satisfaction. "It's pretty good," she said and smiled at Archie.

"It's not bad," Jughead commented. "I'd love to stay, but we've gotta shake down an evil Adventure Scout. See you."

Jughead grabbed onto Amethyst's hand and they walked across the balcony and then down the stairs.

"He's actually really good at writing songs," Amethyst said.

"I've heard a few of his songs before," Jug said.

"Archie has songs?" Amethyst asked.

"Yeah, ones that he's written himself," Jughead said.

"I didn't know that!"

"Well I can clearly see who he likes better," Jughead smirked and Amethyst rolled her eyes.

Amethyst spotted Dilton with his back against the wall, seemingly looking into outer space.

"Dilton," Amethyst said as they stopped on the step above him.

"We talked to one of your scouts," Jughead said. "I know you fired the gun, which makes you both a liar and a public menace."

"So what if it did?" Dilton asked. "I was doing the Adventure Scouts a favour. Somebody has to teach them how to stand their ground, the way this town is going-"

"Save it for your statement, which you can give to either one of us or Sheriff Keller," Amethyst said. "I suggest the former."

"Blue and Gold offices, tomorrow. And don't be late," Jughead said and then the two of them walked out of the building to inform Betty.

Dilton nervously played with his hands as Amethyst locked the door and then sat down on the desk. He looked between his three fellow peers.

"Hey....I don't think you're literally allowed to keep me here and interrogate me or anything...." Dilton said.

"We've got permission, Dilton. It's fine," Amethyst said.

"Here-" Jughead handed Dilton the note the two had gotten signed.

Dilton frowned as he reread the words over and over again.

"This is just a scrap piece of paper saying 'we do what we want' with two signatures," Dilton said.

"That's our permission. Fair?" Amethyst asked.

"But Betty's signature isn't on here...."

"That's because we didn't want to drag her into shit if we get caught," Amethyst said.

Dilton looked between the three and then rested his elbows on his knees. "If you guys publish a story saying I fired that gun, my life will be ruined," Dilton said. "I'll be banished from the Adventure Scouts and charged with a misdemeanour. So, what if I have a better story?"

Amethyst raised an eyebrow. "A better story?" She repeated, Jughead and her catching each other's gazes.

"If I tell you what I know, promise me the gunshot stays between us," Dilton said.

Betty walked around the desk and sat beside Amethyst. "You have our word. As journalists," she said.

"Buttercup isn't a journalist," Jughead said.

"Fuck off."

"I saw something at Sweetwater River. Something nobody else saw," Dilton said. "Ms Grundy's car, by the river's edge. She was there."

Amethyst bit her lip. "Are you sure it was hers?" But she already knew the answer.

"Yes, I saw the same car the day school began. She was there," Dilton said.

Amethyst rubbed her hands over her face and groaned.

At any given moment, Amethyst would have protected Archie with her life, same with Jughead. But he's just dug himself into a hole that not even a rope would be able to pull him out.

Archie's secret was next to be spilled.

- guys, I cried so much last episode because of my poor bby Jughead's living situation. i don't think I can wait until the 30th of march -